Tyre compressors

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
My compressor is just about cactus. I had to pump up the tyres on Mrs CR’s Mazda 2 and I am sure I could have done it quicker if I just blew into the valve myself. So it looks like a new one is needed.
What are members thoughts on types ( single or dual cylinders ) and brands as well as connectors etc?

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I have a twin cylinder job, has worked well for years, have no idea of brand, e bay job but cut off stupid clamps and fitted an Anderson, just remember to shut them off between tyres to give them a rest and leave engine running so you have max power available .
The Chinese inflators have the best inline fuses. On the 7th tyre at the end of the GRR in 38deg heat i melted the wiring and smoked the fuse holder, but that super strong fuse didnt let me down

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
Cooloola Coast, QLD
www.expandasdownunder.com
Mine was a better Shanghai build, the switch melted, now its been through the "Droverator" its just full of wind and does a sterling job, in fact my WA oppo who swore by his $500 ARB job rang yesterday asking me about the Shanghai Special (8 yrs old) his ARB croaked it after 2 yrs....mind his actually gets used a lot so really about 8 yrs of work.....just the $$$ is scary....

Last edited: