17' Series TV mount

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Thought about a mount @Benando but due to location we travel with the TV on the top bunk and just sit it on the front banch when required... Also makes it easier if we want to take it outside to watch!

Reactions: Adz & jane and BLJM

Mick&Vanessa

Feb 20, 2014
Sydney
We also mounted ours above the front bench on our 17.56-2. Found a good mount on ebay ($59 delivered) that allowed us to mount to the underside of the overhead cupboard. The TV mounts high enough to still leave the front bench usable and also swivels a fair amount to view the TV from the front bed or dinette, etc. We liked this mount as it is really sturdy and specifically for caravan/motorhome use. I did make-up a stainless plate for the inside of the cupboard to strengthen the mounting area.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Titan-AV...vision_Accessories&hash=item5b0004866f&_uhb=1

Happy to post some pics if anyone is interested.
Regards Michael & Vanessa

Ch00ka77

Apr 28, 2012
Maffra VIC
Some pics of our set up as you can see I stuck on some button thingos to stop it moving during travel and has never moved including during our half lap. image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpg

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
this is a pic of our mount but its in our 16.49. brought the bracket from page bros jayco. mounted a etched and painted white alum plate to the wall with sicaflex and four screws with white caps. then screwed the bracket on through the plate into the wall, put sica on the screws as well. the plate is right next the window because i was told there was support around the window edge in the wall.
mounting here gave me the option to watch it from the dinette or to swing in behind the curtain for mummy and daddy.
at some stage i will bend up a plate the same as the V end bit on the bracket and mount it external for annexe viewing.
IMG_0045.jpg

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Try this one out. I can't remember who posted this. Goes through the electrical hole on the bench quite easily.

http://debetrek.com.au/product/c-me/
Went to buy one yesterday although it was 3cm's to high to fit under overhead :( Starcraft everything is a little lower. Looks a great unit Officeworks can get them in for you $133.
A place in Surry Hills had them in stock.

See if I can find one of the ones above tomorrow when I have no kids and can drive

Luke14

May 4, 2014
Ballarat Victoria.

Mick&Vanessa

Feb 20, 2014
Sydney
Hi Mick&Vanessa.
I really like your TV mount. Could you tell me is the TV easy to remove from the bracket and do you remove it when travelling?
Thanks
Luke
Hi Luke,

It is possible to remove the TV by removing 4 allen screws, however since it is all wired-up we would rather avoid removing it to travel. The TV is already reasonably sturdy on the bracket (being specifically for caravan / motorhome use) and just to be sure we place a couple of pieces of foam between the top of the TV and the bottom of the overhead cabinet. That takes almost all of the movement away. If we want to be double sure on really rough roads we also use one of those 1" wide cargo straps ($4 @ Bunnings) around the back of the TV mount and over (around) the overhead cabinet. This holds it all together basically 100% rigid. Myself personally, I am more likely to drop the TV whilst removing / installing it, so the less I have to touch the better for me.
Regards
Michael