Electrical TV ANTENNA

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
I use an app called Tower Finder by Jims antennas.

Negates the need for the compass as it uses the inbuilt iPhone one.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 180
Reactions: Stevie No Issues

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I have never found a phone compass thats any damn good. Mind you looking at other van aerials is even easier way to point in the right direction.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I have never found a phone compass thats any damn good. Mind you looking at other van aerials is even easier way to point in the right direction.
The phone compasses can be a bit fickle, I think metal and lack of motion plays with their tiny minds more than we would suspect. I haven't had much luck with caravan antennas, in fact we often comment on how many different directions we can spot. My first option is the onsite cabins (so long as they all point the same way) and failing that I revert to the My Switch App direction, and then use a real compass.

Reactions: Drover

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
I've used attena mate for a while know. Seems to work okay when I try it but Iam not a big TV watcher in the van

Reactions: crackacoldie

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
The phone compasses can be a bit fickle, I think metal and lack of motion plays with their tiny minds more than we would suspect. I haven't had much luck with caravan antennas, in fact we often comment on how many different directions we can spot. My first option is the onsite cabins (so long as they all point the same way) and failing that I revert to the My Switch App direction, and then use a real compass.

Exactly, the only way to go.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Reactions: Bluey

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
yes I heated up the pvc and squashed it to be flat with the 25mm alloy mast two bolts hold it on its 32mm which slips over the mast ,
the antenna comes with 25mm pvc which you can not change the top bit for hes made a system so you can turn the antenna ,
I could put a system on it to make it about 1500mm or a meter longer to add to it when im stoped but not sure what will be gained by this if its worth it ????? what do u think @Crusty181
Im looking forward to seeing it. I wouldn't expect a metre in extra height wouldn't achieve too much, and it might add too much room for damage to the winder mechanism with wind etc

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Thats brilliant @Bluey !!! Just slips over the Wineguard SHS??? We can compare the difference on the w/e
We can compare to mine if working. ...Was working yesterday when I cleaned the van.. Which means I will have nada at Lake Nagambie.. As only works via magic or when cable break in the roof magically leans together when you pulled up and un hitched, then the wind or something else rocks the van and it goes again :(.. .. Reminder I need to ring today and see whats happening with it.

Reactions: Bluey and dagree