17' Series towing mirrors

peterg

Jan 17, 2015
warrnambool
So I need to fold in my drivers mirror in to fit in to my standard garage ill see how long it is before i swap them over to the standards. But they were great for towing the van, just wish the auto fold like the originals.

Yeh I keep dreaming of auto fold in.......

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
thats all I do........
bugga stuffing around taking them off - and putting them on
mine are permanently on, oh and @Daniel Peterson by the time you get home,before you take them off...........
take the missus car for a drive
you will wonder what happened to the mirrors, and where have they gone

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
My 200 series has auto fold :p:p:p..........only cost $10k more to get it :(:(:( thanks to Toyota Australia's Ned Kelly pricing policy.

you WHAT.......................................???????

must have been chrome plated as well there @achjimmy

I have been looking at a ML470 AMG that a guy I know has.................."holey snapping duck fish Batman..............."

Reactions: achjimmy and peterg

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
awwwweeee spoil sport

6.3L AMG motor..........................................

yeah, when I was looking at this other one, I was amazed at the lack of off road - ness.............

BUT
6.3L AMG motor.........................

Reactions: dagree and peterg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
My 10 yr old Grand Cherokee has fold in mirrors, I use them when in shopping centre car parks when I don't like the look of nearby vehicles.

Over 5,000km so far this trip and my Truck mirrors haven't moved so I don't know what the problem with them is supposed to be, maybe others just not fitted properly. When unhitched I just pull the mirror arms off and leave the door mount fitted.

Reactions: PeterV

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
SNIP...... so I don't know what the problem with them is supposed to be, maybe others just not fitted properly. .

I think there is a bit of that,
as well as most are of a "Universal" type and dont always fit properly to all types of mirrors

when at the shops, and I think the person next to me will be a tosser (by the way they parked... on the line, on a strange angle, etc) I fold mine in "manually"
I always remember the drivers when I leave - but often forget the passenger side, which is funny

Reactions: dagree and Drover

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
you WHAT.......................................???????

must have been chrome plated as well there @achjimmy

I have been looking at a ML470 AMG that a guy I know has.................."holey snapping duck fish Batman..............."

Lol GXL to VX, tbh you get a shed load more including leather KDSS etc. but I really needed folding mirrors

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
I was thinking you should have gotten more for your coin @achjimmy ,
I can understand the Leather - the seats in SWMBO's Kakadu are Leather.......mmmmmmmmm

so the fancy factory auto folding mirrors were NOT $9300.00 more than the Clearviews..........................

Reactions: achjimmy and dagree

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
I was thinking you should have gotten more for your coin @achjimmy ,
I can understand the Leather - the seats in SWMBO's Kakadu are Leather.......mmmmmmmmm

so the fancy factory auto folding mirrors were NOT $9300.00 more than the Clearviews..........................

See @bigcol and I know how much you love the Disco's....They come standard with fold in mirrors!!