17' Series towing mirrors

Apr 6, 2015
mt barker sa
Hello all, just wondering what type of towing mirrors people recommend. Im rolling with a 150 series prado and a 17.56 OB i have the basic strap on mirrors but still cant get a great view. Any surgestions

Apr 6, 2015
mt barker sa
Thanks for that seems clearviews are a good option for the vanner i have had my strap ons blow my drivers mirror in before major pain in the ass! Just not sure if the car will fit in the garage with the large mirrors. Are they much wider than standard?

Reactions: JOBSWAN

burnsie

Jan 29, 2015
Perth
www.expandasdownunder.com
for a big trip you cant go past the Clearviews, even if you buy them just for the trip and sell them 6-12months later you get most of your money back and the benefits of these are great, if you are going to do multiple trips and get heaps of use out of the van during the year then they also may work well for you, otherwise there are some other great mirrors out there that will do the job, the links above by @Matty4 will steer you in the right direction

Reactions: jacbaz

gwadir

Feb 2, 2013
Albion Park, NSW
Check out the Clearview web site, sometimes they have second hand ones for sale, you never know you might get lucky,

Dave

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
and dont forget peoples - the clearviews make your car look like "dumbo" - apparently

and I swear by them
and I love them
and I had to drive SWMBO's car today with the little factory mirrors that are on the Cruisers.......

I thought someone had stolen her mirrors, I couldn't find them..........

as Molly Meldrum would say - Do yourself a favour.....................

Simon

Dec 28, 2013
Melbourne
Milenco Aeros, they clip on without suction and go on in less than a minute, no flick back or vibration, would highly recommend. The clear views look like dumbo ears on the 150

Zimbo

Feb 28, 2015
Perth
Dump all the clip on's - go the Clearview's - not hard to fit & change back if desired when not in use - hardest thing to come to terms with is the 'cost' of the Clearviews. Not much good having mirrors that are out of wack after the first half hour on the road!

Reactions: Daniel Peterson

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
The look like dumbo ears on most 4x4s but I can not falt them while towing.

Yep yep second third or forth the clear views. Electric towing mirrors just blow your mind , they don't shake , makes backing a breeze too as you can quickly adjust them to see off on angles . Even without the van on you see EVERYTHING while driving. They are the bees knees for sure!!
We have em on our navara and yeah all me mates call me dumbo but I don't care cos they are just jealous!!

Mick_309

May 28, 2015
Noosaville
I just got Clearviews on my BT-50. They look ridiculous and make the car as wide as anything on the road in town but work well.

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Hello all, just wondering what type of towing mirrors people recommend. Im rolling with a 150 series prado and a 17.56 OB i have the basic strap on mirrors but still cant get a great view. Any surgestions
Hi daniel I have the ora ones and tie I cord from bull bar to mirror to stop them comming back got the magnetic holders but dont want to put them on doors it works well they shake a bit but after thousands of ks there fine and dont cost the earth

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2015
mt barker sa
Well after 6 hours of sriving to canberra from adelaide with my mirrors blowing in i rang clearview directly and had them fast track a set to the caravan park i was going to stay at. $800 including postage. Money well spent!! I needed a 10mm socket, small extension and rachet, a philips head and a small flat trim tool. 20minutes from start to finish including r&r door trims. Easy as!

Apr 6, 2015
mt barker sa
20150610_153943.jpg

Apr 6, 2015
mt barker sa
So I need to fold in my drivers mirror in to fit in to my standard garage ill see how long it is before i swap them over to the standards. But they were great for towing the van, just wish the auto fold like the originals.