Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
I'm confused.
We have:
"The best 4wd tow vehicles"
&
"Here are 10 of the best" which infers that there are more than 10 best.
&
"So here are our top 10".
So which is it?
Then we have, from my biased point of view, some factual errors about Ranger/BT50. While some owners have complained about turbo lag, it isn't a universal issue. I certainly don't have it. As well, although I agree about the very low tow bar on Rangers, my plug is most definitely not below the bar, so they aren't describing the 2013 Ranger.
Any other vehicle types in the list that owners here have issues with the list and its review of their vehicle?

Phil

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Bt and Rangers are different cars so why are they included together. They are different enough for us to choose one or the other and before someone tells me they are made in the same factory..I know!

Antman

Jul 18, 2012
Brisbane
almcrae.blogspot.com.au
its a flawed review anyway as they have not included what the actual Lineup included. It will be, the top 10, according to the individual that drove the car from the lineup. The information also about what each car towed seems to be comparing some cars towing a boat to some towing a caravan.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
I can't argue with the 200 as number one. A magnificent tow tug. As for the rest yeah Iam a bit skeptical, can't see a Prado ahead of the Pajero or the BT. And I wouldn't have a 3lt Patrol within cooey of the others.

Reactions: BaxnRach and CJ1177

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
I don't doubt you, I was more referring to you other opinions.....I'd buy a 200 for 50k that's for sure! :)

Okay the only fighting words I see then is the Patrol. Think we have had that argument before. Great fourby don't be rude motor no torque. Fine for towing if you relive the sixties where a van or kombi where the head of every que on the hwy.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Okay the only fighting words I see then is the Patrol. Think we have had that argument before. Great fourby don't be rude motor no torque. Fine for towing if you relive the sixties where a van or kombi where the head of every que on the hwy.
Hahaha....ok.

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
I might be biase but I think the Grand Cherokee is in the right position. I won't argue with the 200 at the top. But it's a shame they compare the outdated GC. Perhaps the MY14 could have edged out the Disco.