The What Did You Do On The Weekend Thread!!

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria
Hi @1DayIll,
we are trying! Bought it on 18th November and 6 months later we have done 11 trips for a total of 48 nights and 4,770 kms all around Victoria.

Best we can do until my partner retires is every school holiday and try to get away every other weekend.

It is also quite fun sorting the Penguin out, planning the next trip, searching for possible destinations, and then, of course, primarily, enjoying the time we get out in it. But it is always more enjoyable camping out when we spend at least some time on the first three items.

This forum and the people who post really help and the enthusiasm is infectious.

enjoy your day
Mike

And this is what it is all about.

My van sits in the driveway far too often and I am scared about storing it as it makes it easier to make excuses.

We try and get away at least one time per month and also our holidays, although I think I like it more than others. even getting away for one night, and you do not need to go that far, and you feel like you have had a break.

Keep enjoying it!

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
And this is what it is all about.

My van sits in the driveway far too often and I am scared about storing it as it makes it easier to make excuses.

We try and get away at least one time per month and also our holidays, although I think I like it more than others. even getting away for one night, and you do not need to go that far, and you feel like you have had a break.

Keep enjoying it!

Hi @1DayIll,
I agree with you, if it takes too much effort to pack up then it can be enough of a negative to stay home.

When we were car camping it used to take hours assembling all the kit from various parts of the house, bungalow, and garden shed in the days prior to leaving. Then an hour or more to pack it all in the car.

With the Penguin, it is much much quicker. Most of what we want is either already in the van or ready to go.

The closest free camping to us is Kurth Kiln, 65 kms away. We have already been there twice. The first as soon as we took delivery, and then later when we didn't want to travel far but were determined to not stay at home and let the Penguin stay in the driveway.

It really is a bit of a spoiled sook and puts on this really sad face when it hasn't moved for two weeks. It is a "well why did you buy me if you don't want to go camping?" sort of look. It has a much much happier face when I look at it in the rear view mirror when we are off again!

cheers
Mike

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Big Mal once it eventually gets cleaned up from trip sits ready to go just add tucker and some clobber while The Ute just needs the big orange crates thrown in the back, each module loaded for certain things fishing, spares, recovery etc everything ready to roll in about 2 hrs, well actually more as I need to turn the fridge on the day before so no need to rush.......................might have to leave fridge running24/7 then can roll quicker.......no I don't.......!!!!!!!!...retired can go and come when I damn well please......................:D

Reactions: mikerezny

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Is it the gear that's faulty?

Not in my case....it's the operator of said fishing gear.

:drunk:

:flame::flame::flame:Rare species ...but I'm not sure as I haven't seen one for a while.

Reactions: dagree

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Hi,
is there a waterproof version of this classic?

cheers
Mike
Yup, but more of optional an accessory. You just have to eat that yummy Vegemite sandwich first

slide_285647_2206260_free.jpeg

Reactions: mikerezny

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
I used to ride my pushbike up to Kiama from Nowra for training and race cars through the Kimama bends as we used to refer to them!! (back in the day) Nice spot :)

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Hi @1DayIll,
I agree with you, if it takes too much effort to pack up then it can be enough of a negative to stay home.

When we were car camping it used to take hours assembling all the kit from various parts of the house, bungalow, and garden shed in the days prior to leaving. Then an hour or more to pack it all in the car.

With the Penguin, it is much much quicker. Most of what we want is either already in the van or ready to go.

The closest free camping to us is Kurth Kiln, 65 kms away. We have already been there twice. The first as soon as we took delivery, and then later when we didn't want to travel far but were determined to not stay at home and let the Penguin stay in the driveway.

It really is a bit of a spoiled sook and puts on this really sad face when it hasn't moved for two weeks. It is a "well why did you buy me if you don't want to go camping?" sort of look. It has a much much happier face when I look at it in the rear view mirror when we are off again!

cheers
Mike
I have the best of motivation .... the i sitting in the factory, where im looking at it all day long. The decision to hook it up and bugger off is incredibly easy, far too easy

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
and, if I remember correctly, you have the fun of testing stuff while you're working?

usb fans? What was the verdict on them?

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
According to my Minister for Defence, a little (read lot) to much fun testing. Whoops

Fridge fan ?? I used "Be Quiet" branded units, pretty good.

Reactions: Drover