The What Did You Do On The Weekend Thread!!

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
We had a couple of nights at Park Gate resort at Halls Gap on the weekend with great weather and very little on the agenda it was a great little getaway for us. Walked into town Saturday morning for an icecream then decided not to worry about walking up to the Venus Baths as there was no water flowing in the creek in town. So we went for a drive instead up to Boroka Lookout and onto Lake Wartook then back to Halls Gap to hit the bakery then back to the park for a swim for the afternoon. Back home Sunday arvo and went to the camping show in town and spent some money but more on that another time.

Tone

Nov 27, 2014
Warrnambool
IMG_0734.PNG
I went for a spin on my bike with some mates. Been a while. Headed down through the Otways.

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Hi,
had a lovely long weekend camping beside Lake Wellington at Marley Point.

This is the weekend the Lake Wellington Yacht Club hold the Marley Point Over Night Race from Marley Point to Paynesville.

It was hard not to become excited during the Saturday as 114 yachts (trailer sailers) arrived and moored mostly along the shore in front of our camping spot. Then at 7pm they all headed off jockeying for position for the start at 7:45pm.

At the peak before the GFC, 670 yachts entered the event.

By 9pm it was all over and it was like nobody had ever been there. So Sunday and Monday were very peaceful.

Some of the yachts reached Paynesville, had a couple of hours rest and then sailed back. One of the crews said that they had slept for less than an hour over the last 36 hours. Just enough left to haul the boat up, park it somewhere and crawl inside to get some sleep.

Such a nice time, we are thinking about heading back there for the 50th anniversary of the race next year.

Much more exciting than we thought it would be.

best wishes
Mike

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
My brother in law taught me to drive in a Study wrecker at a bomb dump near Bandianna, when I could drive it without taking out a fence he let me loose with a Landy, that truck was hard for a 13 yr old. If it went into Albury it had to fill up on the way back, thirsty bugga.

Reactions: dagree and bigcol

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
We finished our crawl through the Bowlos , RSL and takeaways as we're finally heading home tomorrow.

We'd let the supplies get really low and it was either restock or get takeaways.

We've now had three 'last night takeaways' and are over them! We kept having to defer our departure.

:(

Reactions: bigcol and dagree

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Once upon a time some 46 yrs ago a mob of 15 yr old kids became sailors, 2 of these kids where having a few sherbets together and checking out some great Warbirds........................a regular get together for us..................

Alf and I.jpg ...............the 2 OF's.....................Spit2.jpg