The new patrol.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Just got my copy of 4x4 magazine for the month and on the cover is the new R61 patrol.
No diesel will be made available. Words like massive and tank, huge V8 etc etc.....
I think the article lost me at no diesel option. Not sure about the rounded rear end look yet either. Will need to let that grow on me.

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Aarrgh!!! First the new Pathie, now this.
They're keeping the current diesel model as well I think.
Wouldn't go back to petrol V8 (now a diesel V8 that would be another matter, entirely.)

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
Aarrgh!!! First the new Pathie, now this.
They're keeping the current diesel model as well I think.
Wouldn't go back to petrol V8 (now a diesel V8 that would be another matter, entirely.)

Isn't that funny once you've experienced a turbo diesel its hard to go back to petrolI started of with a Holden red motor.then went to 5ltr blue motor on straight gas,then to 2ltr petrol injection.would like my next step to be like xpandafan,v8 diesel,perhaps retirement tug.cheers pace.

stuartcarr2002

May 13, 2011
Sydney
Just got my copy of 4x4 magazine for the month and on the cover is the new R61 patrol.
No diesel will be made available. Words like massive and tank, huge V8 etc etc.....
I think the article lost me at no diesel option. Not sure about the rounded rear end look yet either. Will need to let that grow on me.

Think you mean Y62 Patrol :)

greggels

Aug 2, 2012
Sunshine Coast
When the Y61 came out in 97 it was petrol only option to start with then they bought out a 2.8 turbo diesel in 98, and according to Nissan at the time they were never going to bring out the 4.2 turbo, so I bought a 2.8 and what happened 6 months later they bought out the 4.2! lessen learnt!

I think they will have a TD out given time, just hope they have a nice V6TD

Cheers