The Marshian's New Home - 19ft New Age Gecko

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Seemed like a likely progression. Ive often thought about getting one myself. Mostly for my older kids and their families to use, but something we could ocassionally use as well

So ..... whats your short list. I quiet like the Black Series. I know they arent high end on the structural side, but set up they always look incredibly neat, straight and well finished

You should know me mate, we don't muck around. It's already been bought and had it's shakedown.

Can we guess what make?;)

No. No YOU can't. Others can.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I have liked the Centurion or Conqueror campers, just need the GDP of a small nation to buy one......................................

Oh and we don't believe you as there's NO PICS............................

Reactions: DRW

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Hmmmmm. Its not like theres 3000 different offerings. Give us a chop out, soft/hard floor, hard top, folding, still in businesz .... this could go on forever

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I have liked the Centurion or Conqueror campers, just need the GDP of a small nation to buy one......................................

Oh and we don't believe you as there's NO PICS............................
Conqueror loose a lot of value 2nd hand, i looked at them

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh

We have a winner!

IMG20181222153040.jpg

I bet I can guess ... I’ve seen you commenting on a particular page

Figured you guys might know...

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
You should be very happy with that choice. If I was looking for a camper, CUB would be the one to beat. It is also one of the manufacturers NOT listed on the Lemon Caravans and RVs site.

If I am not mistaken, mounting the spare wheel on the back must be an additional option.

Enjoy. I look forward to seeing some more pictures and stories of the Smergens out and about enjoying it!

You can now update your signature!

cheers
Mike

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Thanks @mikerezny... We looked for a while but ultimately we loved the reputation, the simplicity and weight of the CUB. We've also been on a bit of a "Australian Made" crusade in the house so that was also a factor.

Your eagle eyes are correct, the wheel on the back is a result of optioning up additional water tanks and batteries. If I'm not mistaken the CUB can actually hold more water and electricity than the Big Green Lizard could.

And yep, I'll update the signature. Maybe I should start another thread...