Starcraft Starcraft 16.67-3 - family layout

hamish22

May 12, 2013
West of Newcastle
www.grmotorsport.com.au
It would be ideal if you have 1 child and remove that top bunk.
Even with 2 kids I would probably end up in the annexe for sleep quarters anyway:D
Have the long lounge instead of dinette plus like you say Cruza, 95% of people cook and spend most time outside which would still leave this van interesting!

Tayla

Mar 9, 2013
Melbourne, Victoria
What about a disco?

No love for the disco....

Or is it because of dual axle + weight?

That said the disco is very light overall even being a dual axle.

We did have a quick look at the disco but most of them have the kitchen right next to the door and I'm not a fan of that...

which model do you have expanda?

hamish22

May 12, 2013
West of Newcastle
www.grmotorsport.com.au
Nothing wrong with Disco's - light for size - and only the position of the shower crossed it off my shortlist!

Maybe the Starcraft could look at the fold up bed setup the same as in the basestation or my new van to allow more room between bunks and more floor space when not being used!

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
What about a disco?

No love for the disco....

Or is it because of dual axle + weight?

That said the disco is very light overall even being a dual axle.
I like your model Disco expanda but I like the single axle for the places we take it plus it fits in our enclosed shed :)

That's why this model StarCraft caught our eye recently. I was just looking.............honestly :spy: :angel:

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
We had a look at a few of these, but with a family of 4 kids we just could not go past an expanda cause the entire van length was workable space with no beds. But once the kids are fully grown we have already agreed a van with a bed already made will be the go for us.

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Thanks for the awesome feedback Cruza and Hamish.
Like both of you i'm not completely sold yet, the layout is close, but not quite right in my opinion. Like Cruza, i'm limited to a 16 series for storage, so will keep dreaming.

I did enquire about the Disco model same as yours expanda, and the dealer i went to said it will probably be discontinued next year due to low sales, which really suprised me.

We love our 14.44-4, but in a few years i think we will out grow it. No rush though, so i'll just keep looking and dreaming for the ultimate layout.

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Well i finally got to see this model in the flesh. And unfortunatley.............i think i'm in love:love-struck:

I understand its not for everyone, but most of my concerns can be addressed (so the dealer says). Mainly:
  • Small wall/splash back between kitcken and main bed
  • Opening window on bottom bunk (not fixed like i thought it had to be)
  • Spare tyre off the A frame and onto rear bar.

I loved the space under the lift up bed. The funny thing is when i measured the starcraft bed and compared it to my expanda bed, the starcraft one was 30mm wider and 100mm longer which surprised me. Though i had removed the small matress strip on the expanda bed on the first day i got it.

11.JPG

This is the same van but with a 3rd bunk instead of the ensuite. I liked the look of the outback model though.

15.JPG

13.JPG

Looks like i've got some research and thinking to do:ranger:

hamish22

May 12, 2013
West of Newcastle
www.grmotorsport.com.au
Hey Moto!

Glad you like it, they are a smart looking van in the OB model, and as I said looked seriously at one with just a couple of changes for us for more space. Very practicle and easy looking to set and pack up!

What did you think of bottom bunk space, and it;s good to see that you can have that fixed window made to open.

Splash is also a great idea

cheers

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
Smart looking van in the outback. Have a look at lining the front of the bed(along the front inside wall), we hard a layout similar to. This in the 90's (proving I'm old now) and that wall was like ice in winter when you roll over and touch it in the middle of the night.

Dice

Jan 20, 2013
Was at jayco today and noticed this model not
continued in 2014 but there is a 17 ft model instead
The outback also come with 100ah battery. 120watt
solar,independent suspension and a few other little things for about 3500 more than current model

Dice

Jan 20, 2013
I know they have changed the design of windows but dont know if you get opening window or not,also 150ltr fridge is standard
now according to the dealer I spoke with

Reactions: cruza driver

Swerve

Mar 26, 2014
Sydney
Well I have the van above from the sale yard at Nowra above, 16.67-1 has the 1300mm bed and bottom bunk windows opens :)

Reactions: cruza driver