Smergen's LTZ Colorado - The Rock Truck

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
@Smergen have they changed the fuel filler size?
Not sure about other brands, ford Mazda ect but the colorado has a small opening so it makes it pain when you get a high flow pump.
When ive got the van on the back I just pull up to the easiest pump and it's usually high flow and when you got to fill it up it seems to take longer because your trying not to get diesel everywhere.

Thats a easy fix, I just took the filler neck out and die grinded out that meal out that stops the high flow nozzles from entering and it still looks factory.

Reactions: macca and BLJM

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
Not sure if the size has changed, as I've never owned one. I've only filled up once also since new but didn't really notice anything different than the Paj. Having said that, it was a standard pump.

And whilst I'm at it the stats for that fill were 65.43L for 716.6km. Translated = 9.1L/100km. Given that it's a new engine requiring running in, and 230km of towing the van in high winds I'm pretty happy with that!
@skippy, I've never heard of a catch can so I will look into them. Will they void any manufacturers warranty?

Yes it will void the warrenty but just remove it before it goes in for a service... 5 minute job and they will never know that you are doing them a favour by saving them a warrenty claim.

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I've been going to do that as well @skippy but really need to be motivated as mines not an easy job, lets see Jeep is 9 yrs old, might still be awhile..

Reactions: skippy

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Went in to my "local" (i.e. nearest) ARB store today to look over stuff. Damn... that's one dangerous store. Got a few different items priced up to get rough ideas and estimates. Looked at bars, canopies, tub liners, basically some of the stuff on my list. Also added another thing to the list also... bash plates!

Got some good ideas from the salesman (that's their job) but costs were a little rich for me at first. Going to look at the other "main" guys first such as Ironman and TJM to see how they stack up also.

Was very informative though and an eye opener into how much work (and money) goes into building a quality offroad/touring vehicle.

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
And whilst I'm at it the stats for that fill were 65.43L for 716.6km. Translated = 9.1L/100km.

OK, second fuel fill is in. This trip was almost 75% kicking around town doing the school run. The rest was a spin across town to play golf...

65.9L for 682km @ 9.7L/100km.
(Overall: 131L for 1399km @ 9.4L/100km)

Reactions: BLJM and mfexpanda

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Did a quick check of the "shopping list" to take to the Caravan and Camping show to take around to the 4x4. Most are items are on the wishlist, but will be needed for The Big Lap. After crunching the numbers, the mods totalled just a tick over $16k....
:jaw: Suffice to say, Mrs Smergs didn't get a copy of the list...:behindsofa:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
OK, second fuel fill is in. This trip was almost 75% kicking around town doing the school run. The rest was a spin across town to play golf...

65.9L for 682km @ 9.7L/100km.
(Overall: 131L for 1399km @ 9.4L/100km)

ENOUGH, where's a moderator to block these sort of quotes ??????????..............Cruiser and Nissan drivers will be developing twitches and facial tics after reading things like that..............................................

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
ENOUGH, where's a moderator to block these sort of quotes ??????????..............Cruiser and Nissan drivers will be developing twitches and facial tics after reading things like that..............................................

Secretly you'e enjoying it aren't you @Drover... I'll start tagging you in the updates in the future to ensure you don't miss one. Surely you've got impressive numbers coming from the Jeep?

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Yes, true the numbers from the Jeeperific are pretty good but not that good but then driving a Jeep makes up for the difference. It does concern me though that the Tojo fellas and those poor souls who drive Patrols not to mention Navara's might be a bit testy....lol,lol,lol.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Did a quick check of the "shopping list" to take to the Caravan and Camping show to take around to the 4x4. Most are items are on the wishlist, but will be needed for The Big Lap. After crunching the numbers, the mods totalled just a tick over $16k....
:jaw: Suffice to say, Mrs Smergs didn't get a copy of the list...:behindsofa:

I`m guessing the price of the Paj just went up???:)

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Yes, true the numbers from the Jeeperific are pretty good but not that good but then driving a Jeep makes up for the difference. It does concern me though that the Tojo fellas and those poor souls who drive Patrols not to mention Navara's might be a bit testy....lol,lol,lol.
Mate, not all Navara drivers will get upset with those figures. They pretty well match mine but then I do have gas added to the diesel. :D