Site Update

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hi all,

You may noticed I have been testing, testing lately....

Just an FYI I have been doing this as I have been testing an update to the style of the forum and the forum software itself.

This has been completed and has included a major rewrite of the skin and of the forum software.

You may notice now a few changes when browsing the forum like buttons not going missing randomly, increased perofrmance etc.

Cheers!

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Hi expanda
I'm getting an error page whenever I click on the 'forums' link and everything at the bottom of the page is in another language.
Have tried logging out, which did fix it and I could access the forums page, however the bottom is still in another language, but as soon as I log back in it goes back to the error page???
Am still getting alerts etc, which is good, need my daily dose of Expandas downunder!
Here's a snapshot of what I'm seeing
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    613.6 KB · Views: 314

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Hi Lara, I had exactly the same problem and under instructions from expanda, I deleted my 'expandasownunder' favourite and logged in manually then saved the address back to my favourites again. Problem gone.

As to the other language at the bottom, expanda thinks we should all learn latin. :D In actual fact, he has been making modifications to the forum and that is just one of the results. He will fix it eventually.

Hope you are enjoying your holiday. 8-)

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Hi Lara, I had exactly the same problem and under instructions from expanda, I deleted my 'expandasownunder' favourite and logged in manually then saved the address back to my favourites again. Problem gone.

As to the other language at the bottom, expanda thinks we should all learn latin. :D In actual fact, he has been making modifications to the forum and that is just one of the results. He will fix it eventually.

Hope you are enjoying your holiday. 8-)

Ha, Latin hey, I have enough trouble with English!

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Hey expanda, since the site update, the predictive text function seems to be predicting waaaayyyy to much when typing. Especially if I misspell something and then back arrow and then retype. It wants to replace two words for one.
Other things like automatically defaulting in a capital letter fort the start of a new sentence no longer happens.

Do you have any settings that adjust how all of this works?
I am using the iPad.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Bugger..... I only notice this on the forum but no where else....

Take defaulting in of the upper case letter for example.
If I was to type an email this all just works. The old site did it also.

For some reason the forum editor is behaving differently to everything else.

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Bugger..... I only notice this on the forum but no where else....

Take defaulting in of the upper case letter for example.
If I was to type an email this all just works. The old site did it also.

For some reason the forum editor is behaving differently to everything else.

Ill have a dig around....

The editor is fairly limited granted but there has been some movement on the xenforo side about that.

Let me do some reading and see what I can come up with....

Can you list how to replicate each issue when you have time so I can relay this?

Not having an ipad i can't reproduce it myself unfortunately.....

One final note have you tried turning of predictive text and seeing how it goes just a test?