Shower curtain

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi all, as I havnt been able to use mine yet but soon will I was wondering if anyone uses the curtain or not? I imagine it would stick to you in the shower and become a pain, I was thinking of taking mine out. I know the toilet would get wet but apart from that has anyone taken theirs out?

Cheers.

andrea

Nov 9, 2011
Brisbane
We don't have one in the 17.56-2 but we have the most sophisticated mod ever and have a shower curtain (non see through) that hooks up outside between the bunk and the kitchen so we have a dry change area. I dry the shower area out every night anyway and wiping the toilet over takes all of 30 seconds extra so it doesn't bother me at all.

Reactions: Burnsy

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Great idea with the outside curtain Andrea, might do something like that. Yeah I thought a wipe out with chamois, like you say, wouldn't take long!

Cheers.

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
Like Andrea, we just chamois dry the toilet / shower after use. We have some old towels we lay down on the floor outside the shower area.

Works OK for us - Expandas are just very posh camping after all. Camper trailers are posh camping. Tents are hard work and swags are for when you have had too much to drink and can't work out how to set your tent up. So I'm told.:biggrin1:

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
We reckon our system is pretty good. We have a bath mat outside the shower that lives there. We have no curtain, but find the toilet doesnt even get that wet. We have a small micro fibre towel that lives on a hook next to the sink that we use to wipe down the toilet and walls, and we have a small squeegy (?? spelling anyone?) on the same hook to do the floor and sometimes walls. Takes literally about 30 seconds. We also have a piece of foam camp matting cut to size that goes on the shower floor. We take it out for showers and back in afterwards. It means we dont need to be too thorough with the drying.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Thanks for the feed back, sounds like curtain on outside will suit as our wardrobe is down the back right next to the shower. Won't have time to organize before we go so there might be a few non family members get a shock if im caught outside shower in my birthday suit :faint: ... Oh well they won't do it again! :D

panda girl-18

Dec 9, 2012
Glenmore Park NSW
Hi everyone,
We have only used our ensuite once on our first short weekend getaway.
It was interesting at first trying to shower in such a small space, once you sort yourself out you do get used to it.
We did use the curtain, and the toilet never got wet. We found taking the shower head of the holder also kept the water from going everywhere. Trying to explain to the kids they weren't at home showering in the big shower was another challenge. (they finally got the idea). I also have a bath mat that lives outside the door that has worked well so far no water outside the door. After we all shower I just use a old towel to wipe the floor. :bathbaby:

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
Shower curtain in for us, 4 kids under 12, sometimes i wish i had same shower setup in the house, much easier to clean. LOL. No seriously, after the shower curtain mod i done (see my album), we too use a small squeegy, mat just outside of the shower then wipe down after the last person showers (usually me). Cheers Pace.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
We have just hung a curtain close to the wall over the basin which just drapes over the toilet. This stops the toilet and wall getting wet but like everyone else, my wife wipes the shower out each night after use. We also have a curtain outside to provide a (small) private drying area. Works for us. :nod:

cancan

Sep 26, 2011
Manly; Brisbane
No shower curtain although it's just me so if the toilet gets wet it makes no difference....-- having said that we are on family holidays next week so this could change but the chamois might be the go.
A drying and changing area is a good idea.... Although don't know how that will fit my lay out.... again I currently don't have an issue as I am the only one using the van

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
We have just hung a curtain close to the wall over the basin which just drapes over the toilet. This stops the toilet and wall getting wet but like everyone else, my wife wipes the shower out each night after use. We also have a curtain outside to provide a (small) private drying area. Works for us. :nod:

Another great idea, thanks chartrock!