Show and Shine - Show us your tow vehicle set up!

Indiandme

Sep 21, 2013
Gladstone, CQ
Obviously not happy with the MU-X for a test run?

BJ.
No, not really. Besides the power of the I
Obviously not happy with the MU-X for a test run?

BJ.
Yep, Thought I would be alot happier after all the reviews i've read, but after the test drive the prado is a better drive, except for the engine and transmission of course. The Jeep (Lardeo)is a '14 model, so they gave me over 10k off the price and added tow bar and elect brakes. Time will tell I guess, so far very happy with it..

Reactions: Bmhdg76 and bigcol

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
Thought I'd post a pick of our Discovery 4 SDV6SE as we have just sold the van and waiting for the new one to come in mid July. We had a Navara STX550 that towed the 17.56.1OB before this and it did a great job. But the Disco has seriously impressed me with its towing capability and ride comfort, I didn't think a car could actually be that much of a pleasure to drive or tow with.

Disco.jpg

FullSizeRender 5.jpg

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
That's a beautiful Disco @AzHaych I see quite a few of these on the road towing, so they must be doing something right.

On a side note what sort of bike rack is on you A frame, I need something similar.

Reactions: AzHaych

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
Hi @Moto Moto I had a guy that made the mount for me and then I bolted on the 4 bike rack, but I just sold it with the van (apparently it was a big selling point for the new owner). I will be getting a new one made for the new van when it comes in July and I actually want to do the new one a little different any way.
All though this mount was what I asked for, it wasn't far enough back on the frame so you loaded the bikes on near the caravan rather than the car. The next one I get made will be mounted back further so you load the bikes from the front rather than the rear.

Cheers

Az

IMG_1085.JPG
IMG_1086.JPG
IMG_1087.JPG
IMG_1088.JPG
IMG_1089.JPG

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
Hi @Moto Moto I had a guy that made the mount for me and then I bolted on the 4 bike rack, but I just sold it with the van (apparently it was a big selling point for the new owner). I will be getting a new one made for the new van when it comes in July and I actually want to do the new one a little different any way.

Nice new rig. From the faint marks on the A frame it looks like you used a weight distribution hitch with your previous vehicle. If I'm right, how doe the Disco compare when towing? I know land rover don't approve of them and am curious.

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
Nice new rig. From the faint marks on the A frame it looks like you used a weight distribution hitch with your previous vehicle. If I'm right, how doe the Disco compare when towing? I know land rover don't approve of them and am curious.
Hi @twscoot I must have been preempting your question, I just replied to another thread answering that.
http://www.expandasdownunder.com/posts/113553/

Az

Reactions: twscoot

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Well after much umming and ahhing, I decided to enhance my tow vehicle and build a setup that would go anywhere and do anything that I might want it to do. So here are a couple of pics of my BigRig.

Hi @Ben Stanford people that know me well know I love Patrols, and I just had to comment on your rig. Absolutely awesome mate, looks top notch! I bet its fun to park at Coles ;)

Was that done by the same guys that do the All 4 Adventure 200 series dual cabs?

Reactions: Ben Stanford

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
Have done 1200ks so far this week and returned 10.1l/100, the ranger never got below 11. Will see how it goes on the home leg today after anothe 700kms.

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
Have done 1200ks so far this week and returned 10.1l/100, the ranger never got below 11. Will see how it goes on the home leg today after anothe 700kms.
Interesting @crackacoldie
What sort of driving is this? My new Ranger is sitting on 10.5 after 450km with mainly suburban driving (and a gentle right foot for the first 1500)
If it stays around there I will be happy. Hoping for 15 on the half lap.

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
Interesting @crackacoldie
What sort of driving is this? My new Ranger is sitting on 10.5 after 450km with mainly suburban driving (and a gentle right foot for the first 1500)
If it stays around there I will be happy. Hoping for 15 on the half lap.
Mostly highway, including a 400km leg with 800kilo on the tray. Found the gauge on the ranger was inaccurate, when actual calculation of fuel put in v kms got a different figure. Funnily enough, also found the ranger's economy got worse on the highway.

To do a fair comparison, I need to get the tonneau cover fitted to the Hilux, as the ranger had a canopy and was a well body.

Stan Lee

Aug 29, 2012
rAdelaide
www.expandasdownunder.com
drove past the local Mitsi dealership in rAdelaide and saw a 2015/6(??) Triton on display.

Looked good. Chucked on the handbrake and called in to have a closer look.

The inside has DEF improved with regards to practicality of compartment space etc.

The staff member reckons they haven't been told prices etc with the official release being this weekend.

Will b curious to c and hear what your reviews Will b.