20' Series Shopping list and thoughts

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
If you have a tow ball mounted on the bull bar it makes pushing the van in tight back yards a doddle, I found using the barbie (weber) with its own bottle heaps easier than with the overly expensive hose to plug into van which if it gets a grainofsand in connector will drain bottle on van in quick time, plus can pick weber and bottle up and drag off for picnic..............

Have a great time....

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
If you have a tow ball mounted on the bull bar it makes pushing the van in tight back yards a doddle, I found using the barbie (weber) with its own bottle heaps easier than with the overly expensive hose to plug into van which if it gets a grainofsand in connector will drain bottle on van in quick time, plus can pick weber and bottle up and drag off for picnic..............

Have a great time....
I'm not so worried about backing the trailer - I just don't know if there is enough swinging room. It's a smallish street and I will need to do a 90 degree turn with no where for the front of the car to go.

Another option I am looking at (unknown to anyone yet) is concreting the side of Mum's house (and maybe even a roof) as it's a 5-10 drive away and it's behind a gate and unused. + 27x7 security (she never goes out). Access is back straight in.

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
If you lived up north I could give you the led lights Jayco gave us.....twelve small caravans all strung up with different coloured lights!

The novelty wore off for us....but they are cute!

Again, multi use as you could decorate the tree at the same time as provide the gift of surprise.

;)

warren cook

Sep 18, 2016
Western Sydney
I wish I knew - hence the "with no luck."

It was a TV promo and you had to be at the caravan park on the day. There was also some Facebook comment here and win type comp.

How good would that be, did it have all the different van parks instead of streets, I am now on a mission to find one.

Reactions: bigcol

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
How good would that be, did it have all the different van parks instead of streets, I am now on a mission to find one.
Monopoly-properties.jpg

warren cook

Sep 18, 2016
Western Sydney
Quick question..

Do the lift up doors on top of this area get you access as well?

What extra does the door inside give you?

Thanks

You do have access from the top but it becomes a pain lifting the bed every time you want to get in there, especially when you start to use that bed for leaving everything on during the day. I had never thought of it until @Bellbirdweb mentioned it. It is a very good idea and one I will look in to now after reading this.

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
They can only do it with some models but you might be lucky.

It depends on the position of the awning arms...I think...but it's a good idea. I agree that the access to the rear tunnel from inside is a pain, but it's ok for storage of stuff you rarely use or need.

Like storm covers.
Like fishing gear...in my case anyway.
Like extra tarps ....etc

But definitely better if you have easy access....good place for AFK, shade walls, and such....all difficult to get into the rear tunnel from the inside.

And yet another set of keys!

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
You do have access from the top but it becomes a pain lifting the bed every time you want to get in there, especially when you start to use that bed for leaving everything on during the day. I had never thought of it until @Bellbirdweb mentioned it. It is a very good idea and one I will look in to now after reading this.

I never realised until after we took delivery.

I added the hatch from inside myself, but would have been better if done at the factory.

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
Alrighty - so the new beast is safe and sound parked at a mates house waiting to be bought home sometime between Xmas eve and Xmas morning.

Everything seemed to go OK and handover but it went over time - I has so many questions and what if's.

Small issue's
  • I had the autoelec wire pin 2 (or so I thought) but when I turned up nothing - so no ESC for now (will get that fixed ASAP).
  • The indicators work but at a crazy speed - there is a known issue with the Rangers and LED trailer lights. I have tower LED trailer's before and not had an issue but the Van does so I will sort that out - they still work.
  • A little annoyed - I thought the storm covers could be left on permanetly, apparently they need to be removed and added every time we want to use them
The Clearview mirror's rock! I can see down both sides on the Van - happiness here ;)

I also purchased a second remote (4 x + 1 Off) light switch to mount near our bed. The guys were kind enough to show me how to program it to the lights so we can figure out which lights will be on which switch.

There was a lot to take in and I'm sure I'll get a few things wrong the first time we take it away but I'm not to stressed. I'll probably end up making small labels and attaching them on the various taps underneath.

I threw it over the weighbridge on the way home and got the following (with a full tank of fuel and I'm pretty sure the 3 x tanks were all at 100% full):
(A: is the front axle, B: is the rear axle and C: is either than van axles (hitched) or the van axles and jockey wheel (unhitched)

Tare: 5.76T

Hitched
A: 1.42T
B: 1.80T
C: 2.54T

Unhitched
A: 1.56T
B: 1.34T
C: 2.86T

I think I'll need to remove excess form the rear of the car to give me a little wiggle room on the weight.

I'll also try and do a "step by step" checklist for setup (in order)for when we arrive until it becomes second nature.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
good stuff @Macca_75

one of the reasons why we all say about a check list for hand over........
Everything seemed to go OK and handover but it went over time - I has so many questions and what if's.

it is hard to remember to ask everything
and
remember everything that has been told

The Clearview mirror's rock! I can see down both sides on the Van - happiness here

they are the Ants Pantz are they not.................

A little annoyed - I thought the storm covers could be left on permanetly, apparently they need to be removed and added every time we want to use them

I have seen this written recently (cannot remember where) but you cannot have the Storm Covers on all the time
the Mesh Privacy screens you can

Last edited:
Reactions: dagree and Macca_75

warren cook

Sep 18, 2016
Western Sydney
Congrats matey.

This valve does this, that valve does that, the HWS switches are here here and here, this light works like this, do this , deffo don't do that, remember not to do this and if you did that then make sure you certainly did that first.o_O

Checklist is a great idea, done it myself for peace of mind. Up load it so we can help, very easy to miss something in the heat of the moment, like the roof hatch in the shower!!

I had the same wire issue, just bridged it over myself for the ride home, all good.

Good luck with the surprise, what an XMAs present :first:

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Yeah. I'd love to hear what the reaction is to the surprise.

Can't think of a better Christmas present for the family and the future.

Did you get an appropriate card, toy, game to go with it?