Sad goodbye to a true friend

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Ill still be happily chugging along well after after all your new age $hit boxes have long been reduced to the junkyard parts market ... might grab me a new wireless from that huge pile of junk

I know , I know and it really s*its me, I look lovingly at a few Defenders and SIII Landys around here....

Reactions: Crusty181

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Trouble is @Crusty181 , it has bent the chassis carrying so much weight!!
Boots that photo is from a deceptive angle with some lens light refraction, you can see here that its all completely fine. Few light scratches, but theyll buff straight out

FB_IMG_1583915731873.jpg

Reactions: Boots in Action

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Next time I camp along the Murray and Darling Rivers I'm going to be super selective, probably have nightmares....

Reactions: Johnanbev

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
We've had some windy days just lately here and yesterday drove to Tin Can Bay and some of our local Widow Makers had shed some biggies, lots of rain and wind does the trick.........no pics as it was bluddy raining still/again... over 500mm last month and still pittling down.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
We've had some windy days just lately here and yesterday drove to Tin Can Bay and some of our local Widow Makers had shed some biggies, lots of rain and wind does the trick.........no pics as it was bluddy raining still/again... over 500mm last month and still pittling down.
The terrifying thing with the big river reds is wind doesnt knock the branches off, peace, quiet, and still air does. Its almost like they brace themselves in bad weather only to relax a little too much when its clam.

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
So long as you keep the load low they seem okay, seen a few round here load up top as they wallow a bit, don't know if it was the loads they were carrying or just DH drivers but they didn't seem to like hills, I would go the diesel with the 8 speed myself...................... Probably cost as much as the Mine Truck anyway.... I'd like one even if it is an Iveco so long as the bluddy lights don't pop fuses like the other Ivecos I have driven..

That tail shaft would be prime for a gooley or stump to give a touch up, you would certainly know about it, one item for the spares box I think.

This sort of colour thank you...
cape2.jpg

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
So long as you keep the load low they seem okay, seen a few round here load up top as they wallow a bit, don't know if it was the loads they were carrying or just DH drivers but they didn't seem to like hills, I would go the diesel with the 8 speed myself...................... Probably cost as much as the Mine Truck anyway.... I'd like one even if it is an Iveco so long as the bluddy lights don't pop fuses like the other Ivecos I have driven..

That tail shaft would be prime for a gooley or stump to give a touch up, you would certainly know about it, one item for the spares box I think.

This sort of colour thank you...
View attachment 64819

No wonder they don't like hills @Drover. Only 3.0L displacement and even with twin turbo, never going to be anywhere near performance of a Unimog - 6.5L diesel, turbo charged with 8 speed tranny - as I seem to recall. Go almost anywhere!! I have seen a few around converted to all sorts of configurations for going bush.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
No wonder they don't like hills @Drover. Only 3.0L displacement and even with twin turbo, never going to be anywhere near performance of a Unimog - 6.5L diesel, turbo charged with 8 speed tranny - as I seem to recall. Go almost anywhere!! I have seen a few around converted to all sorts of configurations for going bush.
Actually they would beat a Unimog hands down on speed and range, Mogs were not that flash on the peddle and only had a kero tin for a fuel tank but I luv em....Ivecos Ive been behind could have been manual or petrol, its really in the gearing...

Reactions: Crusty181

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I'd like one with a 5th wheeler behind but then again if I could afford all that why not go for a RAM 2500.... Ye Haa.

Reactions: KECL