Sad goodbye to a true friend

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I was thinking that, I usually change all the fluids anyway when I get a new vehicle, then I know but this Tranny, fluid at 40K, filter/fluid at 80K I reckon, drop pan check sludge anyway.......then I will have time to locate the appropriate parts at a decent price...........

Normal stirring of " Crusty The Miner" will resume shortly.......................................:couch2:

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
20190812_134439.jpg

I picked up the new sports coupe today, temporarily. Not really the typical new car handover, walking out the dealership back door, down the road, across the street thru an abondoned factory to a paddock and view we're usually shielded from. There it was blocked into a lonely corner by the other orphans, straight from the wharf. Armed with a dealer trade plate off i took to Lovells about 40km away. I'll collect it Wed ... take it back to the dealer, register it and then actually buy it. It had 7km on the clock this morning and still has stickers all over it and the protective film still attached. No bling now, that all fell apart getting jerked around with 3rd party flogs, so that will get sorted later

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
Even as a new born it looks great, I just love these, like a 110, you can do so much to them, mould them the way you want, give it an individual look ................... I would disappear into my shed for days and play...:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I reckon its going to be a beauty ............................... Maybe not The Mine Truck just "The Brick"..........

The long wait nearly over, just need to add QLD PLates for perfection.....................:couch2:.....:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
Even as a new born it looks great, I just love these, like a 110, you can do so much to them, mould them the way you want, give it an individual look ................... I would disappear into my shed for days and play...:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I reckon its going to be a beauty ............................... Maybe not The Mine Truck just "The Brick"..........

The long wait nearly over, just need to add QLD PLates for perfection.....................:couch2:.....:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
Birthing back story

Even though it was covered in nappy wrap, coded stickers and in good need of some detailing love it very much felt my very own car when within 100yrds of the dealer the fuel light came on and I had to stop at the first servo and fill her up.

Funny you should mention QLD plates, you don't know how very very close it came to QLD rego earlier this year in April

Last edited:

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
Well its Hi Jack time until I compose my own thread, I don't wait months and months, bought today pick up by next weekend...................The Ute's days in the garage are numbered, I will miss it so much, it was the Prime touring truck................................. Mrs D proclaimed she wanted comfort again, so comfort was the order of the day, grunt and very cool looks was a bonus.........Decided on new wheels last Monday did a deal on Saturday...

At least I have some pics...............................View attachment 63747

Congrats @Drover It will certainly be a comfortable car. If I was as tough as @Crusty181, I'd say you'd need that comfort while you wait for the RACQ and all the grunt while you push it.

Just kidding. Looks flash. Wonder if the ever evasive 76 will be as nice.

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Dear @Crusty181 I'm some what suprised by the silence!!!

You have driven the said beast and no indication of what your thoughts are, I appreciate it was probably only down the road but????

Q1
a) it was everything I thought it would be plus some
b) What a gutless heap of s........

Q2
a) I'm so glad I spent this much on a car, nothig else comes remotely close
b) did I really spend this much on this rough riding piece of Japanese .........

Q3
a) my Navara was not cose to being this goood
b) I want my Navara back now!!!!

Q4
a) the plastic seats will be fine in summer in my budgie smugglers right Tony?
b) oh well I thought I would need to spend some money on comfort

Q4
a) The guys at Lovell congratulated you on a fantastic purpose
b) The guys at Lovell said WTF

Q5
a) I love the manual and the clutch is so smooth I now understand why they don't come in a 3 speed auto
b) when are these people going to fit a decent auto my left knee just locked up............again

Answer to all of the above, I want my Navara back :(

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Dear @Crusty181 I'm some what suprised by the silence!!!

You have driven the said beast and no indication of what your thoughts are, I appreciate it was probably only down the road but????

Q1
a) it was everything I thought it would be plus some
b) What a gutless heap of s........

Q2
a) I'm so glad I spent this much on a car, nothig else comes remotely close
b) did I really spend this much on this rough riding piece of Japanese .........

Q3
a) my Navara was not cose to being this goood
b) I want my Navara back now!!!!

Q4
a) the plastic seats will be fine in summer in my budgie smugglers right Tony?
b) oh well I thought I would need to spend some money on comfort

Q4
a) The guys at Lovell congratulated you on a fantastic purpose
b) The guys at Lovell said WTF

Q5
a) I love the manual and the clutch is so smooth I now understand why they don't come in a 3 speed auto
b) when are these people going to fit a decent auto my left knee just locked up............again

Answer to all of the above, I want my Navara back :(

Reactions: Drover and DRW

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Leave him alone hes getting his head around all the new stuff on the car like bluetooth ... lane departure warning ...voice recognition..... electric seats ...cameras all around ...... oh hang on ok maybe hes not but im sure the sheer Power!!!!!!!! stunning looks remember things from the past are allways better and just haveing a new car hes busy doing stuff reading the 2 page operating manual about the car like @Drover he has to get his head around all this stuff
Im heading over to his place on weekend to pay homage to this monk made and blessed 4x4 beast dont we all wish we had that Gvm and Gcm he is now in a class of his own 5 stars .........