Relocation of the spare tyre

Danniel

Mar 6, 2013
Hi guys. Im looking at relocating the spare tyre to under the rear of the van. Im going to use the old spare wheel winder from under my 105 cruiser. Have looked through the older threads, but have not found any relating to this. Any feed back would be great. My panda is a 16.49.4 outback.

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

2 Extra Bars welded across the chassis with two pieces of heavy angle welded to them, then winder bolted to the angle and a hole drilled in the side of the chassis to poke the winder through, winder was made from the leg wind down winder because I don't use that I use a 12v cordless drill to wind my legs down.

Cheers Grant

Danniel

Mar 6, 2013
View attachment 13324

View attachment 13323

View attachment 13322

View attachment 13319

2 Extra Bars welded across the chassis with two pieces of heavy angle welded to them, then winder bolted to the angle and a hole drilled in the side of the chassis to poke the winder through, winder was made from the leg wind down winder because I don't use that I use a 12v cordless drill to wind my legs down.

Cheers Grant
Any pics of the unit with the tyre removed. I love it

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Thanks Captain, I remember somebody doing this. I bought a winder and crossmember of a LC 200 earlier in the year and will be doing this soon.

Danniel

Mar 6, 2013
Ive just started mine. Im using the old winder from under my cruiser. The only thing I will do different I think is mount the winder angle iron lower to allow access to mounting bolts in case of failure of the winder. Ill take pics as i go