Relgate gets a Starcraft 22.68.1 Outback

ACTraveller

Apr 23, 2010
ACT
'Fraid it's another Starcraft convert here - have ordered our 20.62-2 from JAYCO Sydney and pick up late September. We have done 30 trips in our Expanda 14.44-3 as far north as Cairns, then on a tour to the tip, and as far south as Melbourne, and as far west as Mt Isa. We were going to go for a Journey 17 foot pop top, but when we saw the Starcraft we just figured it would better age with us. We absolutely loved our Expanda and feel almost guilty parting with such a great van that took us on so many adventures but being almost retired, we decided a van that took less set-up is the way to go. We had Reich caravan movers on the Expanda for a very narrow dog leg driveway at home and paid the extra to have them on the Starcraft again - worth every cent even if that has just put full retirement back a few months.
Will really like to hear how all the new Starcraft owners find their new van - can compare notes - roll on Sept.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
'Fraid it's another Starcraft convert here - have ordered our 20.62-2 from JAYCO Sydney and pick up late September. We have done 30 trips in our Expanda 14.44-3 as far north as Cairns, then on a tour to the tip, and as far south as Melbourne, and as far west as Mt Isa. We were going to go for a Journey 17 foot pop top, but when we saw the Starcraft we just figured it would better age with us. We absolutely loved our Expanda and feel almost guilty parting with such a great van that took us on so many adventures but being almost retired, we decided a van that took less set-up is the way to go. We had Reich caravan movers on the Expanda for a very narrow dog leg driveway at home and paid the extra to have them on the Starcraft again - worth every cent even if that has just put full retirement back a few months.
Will really like to hear how all the new Starcraft owners find their new van - can compare notes - roll on Sept.
The Starcrafts are taking over!

Reactions: twscoot and davemc

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Did the final sign off last week.
Originally the sign off came back with no bike rack and a few other minor things missing. Dealer managed to sort it out but was given no warning or reason by the factory for the bike rack missing.

I've also added another/2nd outdoor table in front of the door for use with the BBQ (bayonet is at front). We've still got the first foldup table in the middle of the van and will usually have that set up as the outdoor kitchen.

Last edited:

Izzya123

Mar 18, 2011
Mount Martha, Victoria
Our Panda 17.56.1 has taken us around the western loop of Oz, great van, great memories......but.....I am currently in negotiation with the "Minister of Finance"....luv that saying & yes I borrowed it from you guys ;). Looking to upgrade to the Crafty 22.68.1 with three bunks. Have just upgraded the 08 Terri to the 14 Jeep GC diesel so why not upgrade the van....RIGHT?? The size concerns me a little but not having to set up bed ends, re-make beds, endure wet canvass, annoying zippers/sagging mattresses and walk the kids to the loo at 2am in the morning sounds great.....will miss the Panda though....still has red dust in spots. Told the kids we'll get out & make some new memories. The 2012 17.56.1 will be up for sale soon, all the goddies, except an annex. Any idea gang what they are going for?? I will research it, but if you have a starting ballpark figure?? :encouragement: Izzy