Re: Zero's Land Cruiser Prado 150 series

zerosecta

Sep 27, 2011
Melbourne
Seen a Prado 90 with one but not a 150 yet.

You can buy one for the 150 for a spot in Europe but they want more for it than the cost of a full blown deluxe winch bar so thought Id make my own - total cost was Sub $200 :)

Anyone got a winch they's like to trade for a case of beers? :)

zerosecta

Sep 27, 2011
Melbourne
A more recent Pic - all washed and sporting some sexy new Bush Stripes from our Trip to Robe last week (mostly polished out).

306cd7785c459bc55d13a2e56d9acdbb.jpg

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Hi Zero, After some advice mate, I have a Uniden UHF radio that I am going to install in my Prado. It's a UH7760NB, very similar size to your GME unit. I am planning to install in the same spot as yours but wanted your thoughts on trying to get it in the centre console. Have you ever had it out, I am assuming it's a hit of a mission!! I had a look at Pradopoint but so far can't find any pictures or methods. The bullbar goes on on Thursday, can't wait. Getting the Prado prepped for a central Australia trip in June/July. Thx Jas

zerosecta

Sep 27, 2011
Melbourne
Got to something i been wanting to do for a while now - Changed all 4 Rotors to DBA T3 4x4 - Slotted and new Bendix pads all round.. Didnt take to many pic but the differance is noticeable so very happy...

Here is before and after of the rear

image.jpg

And After

image.jpg

Gadgets 21.63.1

aka - adam 18.57.9
Jun 29, 2013
mornington peninsula victoria
www.bifolds.co
hi, i have the 150 as well, what colour wires did you mod to get the rear camera to work, but i think mine will be a little different as i have the kakado model.

but i have done:
hid spotties, already has hid the rest from the factory.
front bar,
2 inch lift in rear, its just a computer mod as they have airbags and no springs in the rear. about to do the front.
uhf under the seat, but mic in almost the position as yours.
dual batter system.
compressor under bonnet.
it is a petrol model.
towbar
roof racks
mickey thompson tyres.

thats about it for now. it has everything else i need like factory fridge/subs/power points/diff locks 4 cameras, radar anti collision, kdss, adjustable shocks and so on.

vbz1612

Jun 5, 2015
Brisbane
hi great mod list.

How and where did you get the rear Kakadu altered to lift rear 2 inches and did you raise the front? And do the kdss work still and sport/ comfort setting.

I'm in Brisbane and just got my Kakadu. So only a few mods done so far.
Love the idea of hidden winch if anyone knows more please contact me direct too.

Thanks Steve

Gadgets 21.63.1

aka - adam 18.57.9
Jun 29, 2013
mornington peninsula victoria
www.bifolds.co
hi great mod list.

How and where did you get the rear Kakadu altered to lift rear 2 inches and did you raise the front? And do the kdss work still and sport/ comfort setting.

I'm in Brisbane and just got my Kakadu. So only a few mods done so far.
Love the idea of hidden winch if anyone knows more please contact me direct too.

Thanks Steve

there are two level sensors on the rear, attached from the body to the rear axle. you need to change the length of the interconnecting rod, or bend the mount that the sensor sits on. they must both be done at the same time. this will raise or lower the rear. it does not affect the kdss or the shocker settings at all.

S&P

Oct 7, 2013
Yarra Valley
www.sefiiraforge.com.au
Modification so that I can Manually switch on the camera when ever I want and also switch between a few cameras on the single display (rear, Caravan, Front)...

Pretty easy mod to all of about 20 Mins...

Anyone one want further details feel free to ask - Cheers
Nice mods @zerosecta very interested to hear how you did the reverse camera switching, what did you wire into? Also how easy is it to get the display surround paneling off?
Cheers,
Paul

Greg Tootell

Nov 28, 2015
Gracemere
IMG_0096.JPG
Talking about bull bar i went with opposite lock steel. Got it painted to suit. Just need to put some black tape or paint behind the high beam head lights they reflect back. I dig the wheels when i get the cash together gonna look at getting something the same. How much.

Last edited: