Re: Zero's Land Cruiser Prado 150 series

zerosecta

Sep 27, 2011
Melbourne
Hi Folks,

Figured - I may as well start a vehicle thread since I tend to get up to a few things that people may like...

Pics below are actually a tad old as I have since changed wheels so I'll post some new ones up tonight

List of Mods so far:

DIY Dual Battery Setup - 80AH All Rounder under Bonnet
Pirhana DBM180s
ARB Large Air Compressor under Bonnet
A few Tatt's to break up the white a little
Kaymar spare wheel extension Bracket
BFG AT 275\65\17's
Pro-Comp 7005 Series Cast Black Alloys
P3 Brake Controller
GME UHF
Hella and Cigar Sockets in the cargo bay
Dual Battery Monitor in the cargo bay
Wrapped interior trim with Carbon Vinyl to pretect from scuffing.
DIY Rear Mud Flaps
DIY Rear Work Light
Two Baby Seats on the Middle Row

Here are a few Pic's

Enjoy :)

DSC_0740800x600.jpg
DSC_0744800x600.jpg
DSC_0745800x600.jpg
DSC_0746800x600.jpg
DSC_0747800x600.jpg

Aux Battery:
IMG_3918.jpg
IMG_3919.jpg

12v Sockets in Cargo Bay
IMG_0006800x600.jpg
IMG_0004800x600.jpg

Dual Battery Monitor in Cargo Bay
IMG_0003800x600.jpg

Tatt's
IMG_4014.jpg
IMG_4013.jpg

Scuff Protection
IMG_4049.jpg
IMG_4053.jpg

GME Location
DSC_0532.jpg

P3 and ARB Compressor Switch Location
DSC_0528.jpg

Finally got round to Doing a little Mod I've been dying to get into...

Modification so that I can Manually switch on the camera when ever I want and also switch between a few cameras on the single display (rear, Caravan, Front)

I have installed two mini two way switch's just below the screen, The one on the left is setup so that when over to the left the camera operates as per normal and only comes on when the reverse gear is selected, but when flipped over then it switches the camera on no matter what gear is selected.

The other switch is not funtioning yet but I will be wireing it up so that I can select to view one of two camera's - Rear for now and when fipped it will show the van or front camera (if i decide to fit one) but probably just either Rear of car or Van.

Pretty easy mod to all of about 20 Mins

Centre piece removed ready for holes to be drilled - how people you know drilling into the center console of 150 Prado's :)
DSC_2223.jpg

Holes Drilled - One switch in to check fitting
DSC_2227.jpg

All done and switchs fitted - decided to remove the red covers
DSC_2231.jpg

Only the one switch wired up for now - The other one will be done when i get another camera
DSC_2232.jpg

Switch in standard position - No camera as car is in Park
DSC_2246.jpg

Note the switch is now flipped and camera is now on and car is still in park
DSC_2245.jpg

Anyone one want further details feel free to ask - Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_0006800x600.jpg
    IMG_0006800x600.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 310
  • DSC_2246.jpg
    DSC_2246.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 308
  • DSC_2232.jpg
    DSC_2232.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 290
  • DSC_0740800x600.jpg
    DSC_0740800x600.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 345
  • DSC_2223.jpg
    DSC_2223.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 279
  • DSC_0532.jpg
    DSC_0532.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_4053.jpg
    IMG_4053.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_4049.jpg
    IMG_4049.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_4013.jpg
    IMG_4013.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_4014.jpg
    IMG_4014.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_0003800x600.jpg
    IMG_0003800x600.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_0004800x600.jpg
    IMG_0004800x600.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 305
  • IMG_3919.jpg
    IMG_3919.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 277
  • DSC_0747800x600.jpg
    DSC_0747800x600.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 290
  • DSC_0746800x600.jpg
    DSC_0746800x600.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 317
  • DSC_0745800x600.jpg
    DSC_0745800x600.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 281
  • DSC_0744800x600.jpg
    DSC_0744800x600.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_3918.jpg
    IMG_3918.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 248
  • DSC_0528.jpg
    DSC_0528.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 273
  • DSC_2231.jpg
    DSC_2231.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 263
  • DSC_2227.jpg
    DSC_2227.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 310
  • DSC_2245.jpg
    DSC_2245.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 305
Reactions: S&P

Millsy

Nov 29, 2012
Melbourne
Nice looking rig mate, and a great list of mods. The carbon wrap looks great, and all the accessory installs look nice and neat.

Cheers
Shane

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Hi zero,
Nice Prado mate, any plans on putting a bullbar on. We are planning a trip to Uluru and down the oodnadatta track then back to brissy and am giving a bullbar for our Prado some significant consideration before setting off in June. I like the ARB but have heard some say they vibrate badly, have also heard ARB build quality is superior to TJM.
Any thoughts?

Jas

zerosecta

Sep 27, 2011
Melbourne
How's it mate, yes Bullbar, this a a bit of a sour subject for me :)

Reason being that I can't believe that 50 years down the track bull arms from arb etc still look practically the same... Seriously look at the front of an fj40 then a prado 150 and tell me how the bar haven't go through a dramatic style change...

That said , if I was going to get one then it would be an arb Sahara bar...

That said. Watch this space.... I am about to in the morning, take my front bumper off and fab up a hidden winch mount that will house a winch inside the original bar... So no need to replace it. :)

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
All's well up here mate, bloody wet though. You guys have fires and I'm starting to get the timber together for the bloody Ark. And bugger the animals, need to make sure there's room for the Prado :)

I agree with your design comments, i think that's why I haven't rushed out and got one, can't make up my mind. My Prado is black, so from the pics I've seen I don't mind the TJM T15 alloy deluxe.
I want something for the long UHF antenna but mainly think it will help us stay mobile if we bounce a big bunny of the front during the trip. I don't think the STD bumper will cope to well and we'll end up stuck in the middle of nowhere and end up thumbing a lift by some Pajero driver, that will kill me..... :behindsofa:

Want to go and see a T15 alloy in the flesh

Interesting idea with the winch, will be good to see how it works out.

Jas

Antman

Jul 18, 2012
Brisbane
almcrae.blogspot.com.au
Hi zero,
Nice Prado mate, any plans on putting a bullbar on. We are planning a trip to Uluru and down the oodnadatta track then back to brissy and am giving a bullbar for our Prado some significant consideration before setting off in June. I like the ARB but have heard some say they vibrate badly, have also heard ARB build quality is superior to TJM.
Any thoughts?

Jas

Hey Jas
I would seriously get a bar for that trip. When we did ours, i hit a bloody big eagle. Those things take off damn slow. I slowed down and all and he still couldn't get out of the way. No damage to my prado thanks to the bar. Otherwise, I would have been looking at a new headlight and guards I dare say.

Cheers
Ants

:focus:

Antman

Jul 18, 2012
Brisbane
almcrae.blogspot.com.au
Hey Zero

Nice car. Great list of mods. I think those toggles look like they should be launching some missiles or something ;)

I do think that Prados need a bar or some description to look right. I personally don't like the look of them without a bar. Just my opinion.

Can i ask where you got your dual battery monitor from? Looks great i think i need one. Haha.
Also, is it an Auto? Are you putting a tranny cooler on?

Ants

zerosecta

Sep 27, 2011
Melbourne
Hey Zero
Nice car. Great list of mods. I think those toggles look like they should be launching some missiles or something ;)
I do think that Prados need a bar or some description to look right. I personally don't like the look of them without a bar. Just my opinion.
Can i ask where you got your dual battery monitor from? Looks great i think i need one. Haha.
Also, is it an Auto? Are you putting a tranny cooler on?
Ants

Hi Mate, yip its an auto but not putting auto cooler in just yet - I have been keeping an eye on trans temp with a scan gauge and so far not seen anything that would make me do this in a hurry...

Current project is fabricating a hidden winch mount to fit a winch in the original bumper

Dual battery monitor was something I found on eBay

Antman

Jul 18, 2012
Brisbane
almcrae.blogspot.com.au
Hi Mate, yip its an auto but not putting auto cooler in just yet - I have been keeping an eye on trans temp with a scan gauge and so far not seen anything that would make me do this in a hurry...

Current project is fabricating a hidden winch mount to fit a winch in the original bumper

Dual battery monitor was something I found on eBay

Thanks mate I will look on ebay. :)
I would be interested in how your temps go especially whilst towing. :)

Enjoy looks like a nice car im envious. :)
BTW - which part of South Africa you from?

Cheers
Ants

The Alberto

Oct 19, 2012
Rockhampton QLD
Hi zero,
Any thoughts?

Jas

That said , if I was going to get one then it would be an arb Sahara bar...

Hey blokes,

Firstly Zerosecta, love the Prado - looks great, especially the carbon bits.

Have you given any thoughts to the TJM T3 bar? I am a huge fan of ARB gear and almost went the Sahara Bar, but I just put a T3 on my Prado as I preferred the lines and the profile of the bar - and I am very happy with the end result. Can't fault the build quality of the TJM, it seems every bit as well built and sturdy as the ARB. As for the bars moving, on the 150s apparently they all do. It is to do with the fact that the bar bolts to the chassis which remains firm. Then the body is mounted to the chassis on rubber mounts, therefore what you are seeing is actually not the bar shaking but the body of the car. This was explained to me by Toyota, TJM and ARB - I had trouble believing this at first, but then every 150 I have been in does the same.

Here are a few pics of mine....

DSC_2078 - comp.jpgDSC_2076 - comp.jpgDSC_2077 - comp.jpg

Might not be your cup of tea, but just another option.

Have a good one!

zerosecta

Sep 27, 2011
Melbourne
Got to love it when a plan starts coming together

Option1. Recover point
image.jpg

Option 2. Tow hitch for caravan and boat parking etc. or just because :)
image.jpg

There will be one of these provisions either side. With the winch tucked away nicely in the middle

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Hey Jas
I would seriously get a bar for that trip. When we did ours, i hit a bloody big eagle. Those things take off damn slow. I slowed down and all and he still couldn't get out of the way. No damage to my prado thanks to the bar. Otherwise, I would have been looking at a new headlight and guards I dare say.

Cheers
Ants

:focus:

Hi ants,
Yep I think you are right, just need to convince the Minister for War and Finance now. Will take her for a walk around the upcoming 4x4 show in a couple weeks, that should convince her or bore her to death, one of the two :)

Jas

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Hey blokes,

Firstly Zerosecta, love the Prado - looks great, especially the carbon bits.

Have you given any thoughts to the TJM T3 bar? I am a huge fan of ARB gear and almost went the Sahara Bar, but I just put a T3 on my Prado as I preferred the lines and the profile of the bar - and I am very happy with the end result. Can't fault the build quality of the TJM, it seems every bit as well built and sturdy as the ARB. As for the bars moving,
on the 150s apparently they all do. It is to do with the fact that the bar bolts to the chassis which remains firm. Then the body is mounted to the chassis on rubber mounts, therefore what you are seeing is actually not the bar shaking but the body of the car. This was explained to me by Toyota, TJM and ARB - I had trouble believing this at first, but then every 150 I have been in does the same.

Here are a few pics of mine....

Might not be your cup of tea, but just another option.

Have a good one!

Hi Andrew,
Mate I really like the bar on your Prado. My only concern is I would like a bit of protection over the lights. Would only protect the car from birds i reckon like ants mentioned. Anything bigger will damage the car anyway. I like the steel and alloy combo though. Looks good. Have you seen any of the TJM alloy deluxe models in the flesh. For me I would like your bar with the extra alloy wings over the light, not sure if such a combo exists.

Jas

zerosecta

Sep 27, 2011
Melbourne
Quick final update on this little project

Got it finished up today - Painted Black and added Pinch Weld to the Bumper cut outs....

IMG_0890.JPG IMG_0891.JPG IMG_0892.JPG

IMG_0893.JPG IMG_0895.JPG IMG_0896.JPG IMG_0897.JPG

IMG_0903.JPG IMG_0904.JPG

Reactions: Ligedy