Project toothbrush

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
My wife poked her head into the bathroom of the caravan yesterday where she witnessed our 2yo holding onto one quarter of her sisters toothbrush. The remaining three quarters of the toothbrush had already been jammed down the drain hole of the basin. The 2yo then let go of the remaining quarter and down the drain it went. If I open the basin cupboard I can see the toothbrush neatly jammed at the bottom of the clear plastic tube close to floor height.
The most obvious method of extraction would be to loosen the clamp under the basin and then get under the van and pull the hose out where I can then shake the toothbrush out. But does anyone have a better suggestion for getting the toothbrush out? I would prefer to not break the silicone seal under the van if possible.

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
Good on the kids for brushing their teeth, our youngins are allways hidding after their evening milk and cookies. Can i suggest a wire coat hanger cut open and end curved over to try extract toothbrush??

Oh, by the way, my name isnt Rob from those 1990's commericals, and i cant show you my face. LOL. Pace.

Where2nxt

Oct 6, 2012
Western Australia
Sorry mate. But that's a little bit funny. Maybe something long with something sticky stuck on the end. Your kids might be able to help you with that.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Good on the kids for brushing their teeth, our youngins are allways hidding after their evening milk and cookies. Can i suggest a wire coat hanger cut open and end curved over to try extract toothbrush??

Oh, by the way, my name isnt Rob from those 1990's commericals, and i cant show you my face. LOL. Pace.

Pace, toothbrush bristles and teeth are like the opposite ends of a magnet in our household. I can assure you there was not even the slightest thought going through my children's mind of actually using the toothbrush for brushing teeth.

Thanks, will try some wire or something sticky first.

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield
try jamming the child down the tube to retreve it?
ahahaha
pipe removal would be the best way, you could try the coat hanger but i would have a loop at the end of the hanger and a string noose, use the hanger to posistion the noose pull to tighten and drag it out!
Never a dull moment with you Brad!
Good luck

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Thanks leesy, I had wondered for a second if I could achieve a kid down the tube....but only for a second:)

So the winner was using a coat hanger with bluetak on the end. Because the pipe work is clear and malleable I was able to squeeze the bluetak onto the toothbrush and then slowly pull the toothbrush out.

The end to that!!
Thanks all for your suggestions.