Prados 18.57-6

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
You are right mate, I'm an expert now in this area now :). The walls overlap the floor by about 20mm.....all good but must be sealed around perimeter where the walls finish. If this is not done then yes a warranty job, but if it were me I'd do it myself and save you the hastle of taking it back unless your close to a dealer. If you do yourself, tape both sides of join first then seal with white sika, smooth off with wet finger and remove tape before it dries....job done! Another quality control miss!!

By all means send Jayco an email and let them know about it and quote your chassis number as it's all noted then, even if you decide to do yourself, either way it will be fixed.
One other thing I'll add is the floor is totally covered in the lino floor covering so if water is spilt/leaks out it will not soak into floor, under the shower base is the same as the rest of floor.

Cheers.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Who knows mate, maybe it depends on what the bloke was on that day! Or may of been Friday. :)

Cheers.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
I'm checking my 18 tonite b4 our crissy trip!

Hope all goes well mate and have a safe trip! Was your van on the list for U bolt nuts? It might pay you to check if this hasn't been done, mine were not tight! Merry Xmas....

Cheers.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
My van got done by the Lube Mobile guys in my drive. All fine in that department. Merry Xmas to you also. Heading away?

Yep, take off Sunday morning to Manning Point for 3 weeks (mid north coast NSW).....3 more sleeps, can't wait!

Cheers.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Prado nice rig, well done enjoy.

Burnsy Manning Point went there two Xmas ago, great place

StevoPX

Aug 28, 2013
Hi prado, We just bought a tourer 20.63-1 and I have been told by a few members that the axle mod would be a good idea, Just wondering wether your still getting along well with it? Have been looking in the forum but yours is very similar to mine so any feedback would help.Thanks!

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Hi prado, We just bought a tourer 20.63-1 and I have been told by a few members that the axle mod would be a good idea, Just wondering wether your still getting along well with it? Have been looking in the forum but yours is very similar to mine so any feedback would help.Thanks!
Hi @StevoPX . Just butting in. I don't have a Prado but my Pathie and 18.57-7 with the underslung axles (done by Jayco) makes a great and similar combination. Tracks and tows beautifully. No issues at all over several thousand k's.
image.jpg

Just airbags in rear of Pathfinder and turned the hitch tongue over, added a Hitch Mate and a longer shank towball and is levelled up beautifully. Relocated spare so extra clearance is not compromised. Best $500 worth of mods for me, so far
Including buying the folding step ($60) to make entry/exit safer.
image.jpg

StevoPX

Aug 28, 2013
Whats a" hitch mate?" I noticed you don"t have WDH, We went to Victor harbour for a night this weekend and Im pretty happy with how it tows, I have no aftermarket add ons with the ranger as yet! Not even tyres! All it does is bounce us a little on uneven bitumen roads, no swaying. Level is ok But it scrapes in our driveway on rear "bumper".So another reason to lift the van! But we LOVED the van so far, we got set up and were saying to each other , where's all the stress! This was weird for us! So yes just a few mods and she'll be well suited for us!

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Whats a" hitch mate?" I noticed you don"t have WDH, We went to Victor harbour for a night this weekend and Im pretty happy with how it tows, I have no aftermarket add ons with the ranger as yet! Not even tyres! All it does is bounce us a little on uneven bitumen roads, no swaying. Level is ok But it scrapes in our driveway on rear "bumper".So another reason to lift the van! But we LOVED the van so far, we got set up and were saying to each other , where's all the stress! This was weird for us! So yes just a few mods and she'll be well suited for us!
Sorry, it's a CoupleMate (an aid for the van hitchingly challenged) just gave me an extra few mm. I don't use a WDH and don't get any bounce with the weight distribution I've got. Reckon all the big touring Expandas must scrape somewhere. I also have a steeply sloping annual camp site and just wouldn't get the Expanda onto it without the underslung mod.
Dressed mine up with some spray brushes as well, so still looks very civilised.
image.jpg

prado

Dec 2, 2012
Warrnambool, Victoria.
9H,
Hi StevoPX, Yep all good on the underslung on the 18.57-6. Amazing where 100mm of extra clearance can get you. Dont have any issues with clearing curbs or navigating a little rough terrain. Does catch a little bit more wind underneath but nothing to bad. I think it is the cheapest and most worthy mod that jayco do in factory.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xpandafan