Starcraft Picking up new Van

NoWorries

Sep 28, 2015
Perth
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hi Guys,
Our Camping tends to be a couple of days in the same place so i am leaning toward a portable Solar Panel i think - was thinking around the 160W mark - should be more than enough to power the lights i would think?

A 80w would be more than enough for the lights and if they are LED then a 40 watt would be overkill.
180 watt would be enough for lights, TV for a couple of hours and a engel plugged in as well.

DLT

Dec 3, 2015
Brisbane
Thanks NoWorries,
Thats good to know - yes all the lights are LED's. that should produce more than enough for what ever requirements that we should have.
Thanks for all you help guys - cant wait now only a couple of sleeps to go now.

DLT

Dec 3, 2015
Brisbane
Hi guys,
As an update to our adventure with picking up the Van, i rang through last Monday to confirm with the Car Carrier Company that my car would arrive into Melbourne so that i could pick it up Friday morning when i fly in - all OK.
I then rang through on Thursday afternoon to see if i needed anything out of the ordinary to pick up my vehicle from their Melbourne premises, from here i was informed that my car was still sitting in Brisbane but was due to be transported that night down to Melbourne where i could pick it from them on the following Monday!!!!
Needless to say i was far from impressed having paid for Flights, taken a day off work & had my hopes up to see my new van. After many phone calls the Car Carrier Company agreed to transport my caravan from Geelong up to Brisbane for approximately the same cost as what it would have cost me in Fuel + Food for the trip up..
So i am still waiting to see my new van, I have been promised that it is going to be up to Brisbane on Wednesday for me to pick up - i told the Carrier that i am not paying for it until the van gets up here & if it is late i am deducting money from the cost of Transport.
This whole ordeal has me never wanting to purchase anything large from interstate again!
Bring on Wednesday!!!!

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
That is so unprofessional of a company. Sometimes a problem can occur where it may not be able to do what was promised but the company should inform the customer as soon as they know a problem exists. I would be more than annoyed and glad to see you have given them a serve. I just hope it comes together for you and you can soon put it all behind you and really get to enjoy your new van.

G Daddy

Dec 6, 2015
Toowoomba
Hope your van has arrived in good condition after all the frustrating stuff-ups you've been through. Enjoy your holidays. I use 140W portable solar which keep up with the van and Primus 60Lt fridge, except on days when there is part cloud cover.

Reactions: DLT

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Its only the car carrier that let you down if it was done right it would be easy a member got there van shipped to prrth from here no dramas its not byeing interstate thats bad its the let downs from people you need to help which you are paying for good service

Reactions: dagree and Delano

DLT

Dec 3, 2015
Brisbane
Hi Guys,
Just picked it up - its like brand new. Couldn't have better things to say about Prestige Jayco & the experience that i have had with them.
I had to drop it off at home & head back to work so i couldn't get any photos - will take some when i get home + post them up.
Cheers

DLT

Dec 3, 2015
Brisbane
Poor Quality Photos from the IPhone
Cant wait to get home tonight to have a play
Side View.JPG Rear of Van.JPG Front Bed.JPG Dinette.JPG Bunk Beds.JPG

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Looks good!

Glad it worked out well for you.

Now the fun really begins.

caax

Oct 10, 2015
Wollongong
Oh yeah well done guys.

The wife and I where looking at one a few weeks back. We liked the layout but didnt like the finish on the outside, looked to old school.
If they finished it off in a smooth finish like the expanda's we would reconsider.

Have fun and safe travel's Enjoy!! Merry Christmas.

DLT

Dec 3, 2015
Brisbane
Yes, she's not the flashest around but one advantage of the composite sides vs Fibreglass is the light weight of the Van - Tare is only 1360Kg's

Reactions: bigcol and caax

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
that's a great van heaps of beds we got our van same place they are good well done :encouragement:

Reactions: DLT