Phew the Expanda is safe!!

mrhappi

Oct 24, 2012
Ipswich
I just come back from a week on Fraser and decided no more tent camping for me, thus the 16.49.1 OB Panda investment. There's no way I would have bought the panda if I didn't think it could be towed on Fraser.

Next year I'll hit inskip at low tide and pull it up to Dundaburra to make camp for the week. Drive at the right time and to the conditions and you'll stay incident free.

gspy4u

Apr 27, 2012
Ipswich
Really have to pick the tides and driving conditions towing that 2.5t behind you. All good as long as you don't get stuck and then you're in a world of hurt.

I would take a skid plate for the front of the van and have a winch on the tow vehicle just in case.

Adam79

May 28, 2013
Brisbane
No disrespect to anyone. We are planning on taking our 17.56-2 to fraser this year. Depending on beach conditions. I have been going to Fraser for as long as I can remember. Driving on a beach like fraser is all about experience get your tides right, pick the correct driving line, get tyre pressures correct and you shouldnt have any troubles. Most of all keep up your momentum. As if u stop its all over.You must be commited.! We have always towed vans there without a hitch. Last year I took my 6.2m fibreglass boat to Orchard Beach for a week of fishing without any dramas.Just need to be prepared. We never travel alone and always have a plan if something goes pear shaped. Just be prepared as fraser is very unpredictable.