Phew the Expanda is safe!!

brookes2622

Jun 24, 2012
Bywong NSW
I ripped this photo off another forum but thought you guys would be interested:

9ezaqavy.jpg

Sorry about the quality but you get that when you rip off other peoples photo's. To quote the original forum:

Icewolf said:

Righto, funny might be a bit harsh...
But what's your thoughts?
Frazer Is weekend before last, first thing off the barge. Apparently killed the electrics ( tow truck home )& broke a snatch strap too

Oh & word is he was winched out forwards, flooding it with salty water. Ouch!

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
What the? What a bummer, did he not allow for the tide or what? My brother in law just came back from there and he said there was heaps of Big vans and boats on there! I've been there too but I'm not keen to pull 2.5t on sand.... There are areas that are soft! Looks like he's up for a new 4b.....poor bugger!

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
What can you say, I wonder what made him take that line or was he caught out by a setting sun glare?

Like Burnsy said the island is unpredictable with soft sections and the rivers flowing into the ocean can be deeper than thay appear.

brookes2622

Jun 24, 2012
Bywong NSW
What do you think the caption would be for the guys thoughts in the pic?

"I knew I should have gone the Tregg hitch."

"Where are the Gall Brothers when you need them"

The rest involved expletives .... and lots of them. Oh and tears and lots of those too!

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
What do you think the caption would be for the guys thoughts in the pic?

How about " I am an idiot"
I'm with burnsy, don't reckon it's the spot to pull 2.5t. He should of stuck with Inskip point. We are planning a trip to Inskip, but Fraser would be a bit like Russian roulette. There's no doubt, get the tides right and its as good as a highway, but there are fresh water crossing that I have found tricky, and that's without towing a thing. Getting to, on and off the barge would be tricky as well. There is way to much coin at risk.

The worst thing is he'll tidy up the Prado, and sell it quick to some poor unsuspecting bugger, and say "she's never been on the beach, only city driving" he won't mention she's been scuba diving.

drewy

May 29, 2011
South East Melbourne
There is a Gal Boys video on Youtube where they attempt to tow a large van over Indian Head on Fraser, they end up tearing the entire tow bar out of the rear end of a Prado. Great entertainment but you can keep your soft sand driving with 2.5t on the back!

zerosecta

Sep 27, 2011
Melbourne
No Disrespect to anyone - But in my opinion towing a 2+T Caravan onto a beach is simply Silly..... Mark my words, If I ever decide to take my expanda onto a beach, I will Probably hire a Tractor to Put the van on the Beach and take it off again. That would be heaps cheaper and less embarrassing than standing next the scene in the photo with everyone else driving\walking past thinking "what an idiot"

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Another survivor....

[video=youtube;-jgcY209c4A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jgcY209c4A&feature=plcp[/video]

Wasn't game to take the panda but we did see some interest BIG items in spots that made you think how the heck they got it there :).

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Another survivor....

Wasn't game to take the panda but we did see some interest BIG items in spots that made you think how the heck they got it there :).

Hi expanda,
It's a great place, its another world and you get to leave the stress's behind on the mainland.
Though you definitely need a spinal realignment when you get home.....:crutch::laugh:
Looks like you guys got around a fair bit of the island.
Our last trip we made a run to the tip of Sandy Cape, long way but worth the drive.