Attachments

• IMAG0108.jpg
    IMAG0108.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 403

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
Well @Bushman what can I say except that we are really pleased with the C7. Family car. towing car, touring car, 4wd (minimal for me as don't wont to scratch it up yet, though a known performer based on the 4wD TV series). Fuel economy is good at an average of 9.4lt /100km for all the kilometres I've travelled (per the app I use). No issues at all from the car, had it serviced on time and done the required recalls all in the clear.

In my view our C7 has a better thought out lay out internal from the newer version (drink holders, charging slots/ 12v oultets, storage compartments) although I am partial to the styling of the exterior of the newer version. The road comfort is awesome and it just eats up the kilometres on the highway and has good manners within the suburbs/ city traffic (everyone moves out the way during the school drop off/ pick ups too!)

Road noise is virtually none with the double seals on body and doors, it can handle its own too off the traffic lights when you ask of it with heavy right foot (getting to speed limit that is!!!) All the hill start assist, traction control, downhill assist, engine braking, ABS work a treat. With on 37k on the clock now, tyre wear is hardly anything (so I guess the AT tyres will have to wait that little bit more). The car looks as good now as it did when we bought it as I can be really fussy over it, but spend time using it for our family outings and touring then hook in and give it good gerni wash. I do miss the Pathy at times though, purely for the 4WDing and care factor due its battle scares, not like the C7.

Apart from LED bar on the nudge bar and the full roof tray, we haven't done anything else to the car bar fill it with diesel. We drive it from full to empty every tank and get 770km.

Hope this helps and thanks for asking. Cheers Pace

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
A bit of economy facts for those whom previously asked and are watching this thread. The C7 loves the highway, recent trip on the highway flat road with cruise control on, no wind, just sitting in the left lane.
Was 9.2lt per 100km about 30 km prior and got down to a 7.3, got love that.

Pace.

Attachments

• IMG_20170412_190403.jpg
    IMG_20170412_190403.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 394
Reactions: mfexpanda

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
A bit of economy facts for those whom previously asked and are watching this thread. The C7 loves the highway, recent trip on the highway flat road with cruise control on, no wind, just sitting in the left lane.
Was 9.2lt per 100km about 30 km prior and got down to a 7.3, got love that.

Pace.
Time to engage low range @Pace :D

Reactions: Pace

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
What a tight arse vehicle you have @Pace , no good for the Nations Economy at all, Now my Colorado Ute thinks it's a 'Cruiser by the way it chews up fuel lately, I really must get under the bonnet my best is 10.8l/100 empty !!!!!!!!!!!! won't mention what it got towing.

The escapist

Nov 9, 2016
Sydney
Just read this thread, great to hear I'm not alone! We too have a C7 and are pretty happy with it. Not too uncomfortable when touring, good on fuel for a family car, tows our 17-56 and boat well even with three kayaks on the roof! 15L per 100km fully loaded. IMG_0223.JPG
This pic isn't from this trip as the bikes are now carried inside the van. But there is always 3 yaks on the roof which pushes the weight up there pretty close to the 100kg mark. :(
I fitted new shocks and air bags when I bought it with 36,000 on the clock (now 65,000). Damn thing handled like a boat! Now it behaves like a 4wd should when unloaded and sits reasonably level when fully loaded. Up for a set of shoes later in the year. Probably just opt for H/T as I'm not interested in 4x4 work. Bought the 4x4 for towing and pulling the big boat out of crappy ramps. I'd love a set of 18in rims, to improve handling, but will see how much $$$$ before committing to that.
My only complaint about the car is the colour, I hate looking after black cars!!!

Daz

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Way to go, now lift your MAP sensor and give it a clean regularly as it will take awhile for the oil in the pre cooler to vap out.

The escapist

Nov 9, 2016
Sydney
They look the goods. They standard size? Look like the fill the wheel arch a little more than my standard rims/tyres

Daz