Overheating Patrol

mbr37746

Oct 20, 2013
Central West NSW
Do you find it useful @mbr37746 ?
Tossing up whether I should get one when I get the new tug.

BJ
Absolutely find it useful, the reason I bought one was because the temp gauge in the Triton is about as good as any other vehicle, that is it sits on one position until there's an "oh s&^#" situation. As we do a lot of towing and 4x4ing, I wanted to be sure I could adjust the driving to the conditions of the motor, sometimes you may think the motor's not labouring, but the temp says differently. I've got volts, RPM & boost on the other outputs, but flick through them every now and then. The other advantage is the ability to clear the occasional check engine light that will occur from the egr block. Also - when there is another code thrown for check engine, it's easy to diagnose the problem.

Reactions: Bmhdg76

enriquegh1

Oct 22, 2018
Venezuela
Our 2007 (auto) got a bit hot towing, I asked my mechanic and he advised it was due to the overdrive and it was the transmission getting too hot, not the engine, but still had the same guage, since then anytime driving up a hill, even a slight one, I turn off the overdrive and have not had an issue since.
Your 2007 auto is the 5 speed. How do you turn of the overdrive.