18' Series Our new Expanda 18.57-6 OB

panda girl-18

Dec 9, 2012
Glenmore Park NSW
Hi all,

We have recently upgraded our 2008 Jayco Swan to a brand new Expanda 18.57-6 OB, picking it up from Jayco Newcastle. They had the van already in stock, so we didn't have to wait months for delivery. The sales experience was fantastic, we couldn't fault it. The van came with all of the extras that we wanted including aircon, a rollout awning, washing machine, 150 litre fridge, windup TV antenna, canvas bed end and mesh wall. We decided against an annex, as we barely used the annex we had with the Jayco Swan.

We have had one short trip to Lane Cove National Park to check everything out. All we can say is - we loved it. Compared to our six week driving holiday to Darwin last year with the Swan, setup was a breeze.

The next big trip is up to Port Macquarie for Christmas for some R & R and fishing, so we can't wait.

Our tow rig is a 2010 VX Toyota Prado auto diesel, with a HR WDH keeping the Panda riding along comfortably behind.

Hope to see many other Panda owners on the road. Have a happy Christmas and New Year and safe travels.

Matt & Sherree

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi and welcome guys, congrats on the new van.....excellent choice too, post up some pics when u can!

Cheers.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Welcome to the friendly forum, Panda Girl. Thanks for the great introduction and glad you were happy with Newcastle Jayco (we bought ours there too). As Burnsy said, we would love some pics.

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Welcome Matt & Sherree. Nothing wrong with the Swan but an 18.57 is something else again isnt it? Many years of happy travels with her.
Lots of posts on here about the joys of waiting for a new Expanda if you still want to share the experience of the sense of anticipation. Wouldn't have coped myself...well done on taking the short cut. Look forward to you posts and pics.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Exciting times! Congratulations and welcome to the forum. Is it just the 2 of you in that huge van?

panda girl-18

Dec 9, 2012
Glenmore Park NSW
Thanks for the welcome. Looking forward to reading the posts. At the moment we have an eight year old boy and six year old girl in tow with us as well. The bunk beds were a good move for us from the pull out bed on the Swan.

panda girl-18

Dec 9, 2012
Glenmore Park NSW
Re - 18' Series Our new Expanda 18.57-6 OB

Hi all,

Thanks for the welcome to the Expanda Forum. We hadn't initially driven to Newcastle to buy a new van, but the timing was right and the deal was too good to pass up. We had purchased our Swan brand new and the anticipation was good then, but nothing like the anticipation waiting for all of the pre-delivery stuff to happen before we picked up the Panda in October 2012. Our 8 year old boy and 6 year old girl put dibs on the bunk beds before we had even left Jayco at Newcastle! What was very pleasing was that the old Swan (that we had had a lot of fun in) held its resale value.

All of us are looking forward to many years of fun vanning, hearing about other's travel adventures and reading the posts.

I have posted some pics below - any suggestions most welcome.

Regards

Matt & Sherree

Attachments

• mummy's phone 099.JPG
    mummy's phone 099.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 308
  • mummy's phone 101.JPG
    mummy's phone 101.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 314
  • mummy's phone 061.JPG
    mummy's phone 061.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 305
  • mummy's phone 066.JPG
    mummy's phone 066.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 310

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Welcome Matt & Sherree.
I am interested in that last pic of yours. Did the bed ends come with the roll up canvas windows or did you buy that after market?
I thought Jayco only sold privacy bed end covers.

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Hi guys,
Welcome, and great taste in van and tow vehicle I reckon. They are a beautiful van. We head off on our first trip this coming weekend and can't wait. I too am interested in the bed end, do you have any info on it?

Look forward to hearing about your future pandaventures.

Jas

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Welcome and congrats on the van. It is a beauty.

I too like the bed ends. They are a great idea.

Enjoy the van guys.