Our Expanda is nice and cosy under foot now.

Nemesis

Apr 25, 2013
Albury NSW
Jim,

Looks good, we too carpeted our little 14.44OB as well, definitely helped with both comfort underfoot but also temperature control in the van also. I thought I would share a good little bargain with you, we went to K-Mart they make a sort of home brand vacuum. It is a dust buster which is mounted in an extension arm which has a normal style vacuum head. Its rechargeable and compact, it separates into the smaller vacuum (dust buster size), and has all the attachments for getting into those hard to reach places. $59 bucks, was a great investment for our recent trip.

Cheers

Paul

Reactions: achjimmy and Wanda

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Thanks Paul

we bought a dust buster last year on a trip but didn't get one like that. We are just completing a round trip though the central west and the carpet has been a godsend. Especially at Blaneny @ 6 degrees We didnt pop the top for the night to keep the warmth in :rockon:

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
This mod has turned out to be one of the best we have done. The van was so comfortable on our recent trip. The only fail is the carpet on the step. If you have to pack up in the rain when you drop the roof the water pours on to the step!

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
This mod has turned out to be one of the best we have done. The van was so comfortable on our recent trip. The only fail is the carpet on the step. If you have to pack up in the rain when you drop the roof the water pours on to the step!
Looks like the next Expanda needs to be a full height one Jim...

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Mate I think the next van won't be an Expanda! Just need to ditch the kids, want some?

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Mate I think the next van won't be an Expanda! Just need to ditch the kids, want some?
Raised three, they reckon it's the best years of your life*, kept one far longer than necessary (until 35!), now it's just the Grandkids for visits. Probably take em off you hands for the holidays.
But really our 18.57-7 is just big enough for Mrs XF and me.

(* that you'll never get back)