Jul 18, 2012
Mole Creek, Tasmania
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Pic 1 new and old
Pic 2 new tyres 235/75-15
Pic 3 old tyres 195-14
Got a few more mods done today, ready for a winter long weekend next weekend.
Changed tyres/wheels, up from 195/14's to 235/75-15. Picked up some as new Michelin LTX A/T's, not real aggressive but reviews seem ok. Gained another 40mm in height which means I gotta dig floor out of shed again when it goes back in.

Moto Mech

Jul 18, 2012
Mole Creek, Tasmania
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
As I have removed wardrobe to fit a shower there, I wanted more draws for clothes. So done away with draw on left of door as you walk in and fitted two new draws to front of seat base. Used timber from draws removed and wardrobe for fronts of new draws so I had a perfect match. Just need to plug one hole from removed door catch.
Pretty sure we aren't refitting table but if we do Ill be fitting a through floor holder for table leg.

Moto Mech

Jul 18, 2012
Mole Creek, Tasmania
image.jpeg
Fitted a set of temporary mud/guards flaps today, these will be upgraded when I put on the checker plate protection and flares, but needed a set for upcoming weekend trip.

Reactions: bigcol

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria
Pic 3 old tyres 195-14
Got a few more mods done today, ready for a winter long weekend next weekend.
Changed tyres/wheels, up from 195/14's to 235/75-15. Picked up some as new Michelin LTX A/T's, not real aggressive but reviews seem ok. Gained another 40mm in height which means I gotta dig floor out of shed again when it goes back in.

Hi I have asked this question before, so do you think that adding the 15" gave you 40mm extra? I am looking at this as a cheap and easy option of raisign my van.
Stuart

Moto Mech

Jul 18, 2012
Mole Creek, Tasmania
image.jpeg
Hi I have asked this question before, so do you think that adding the 15" gave you 40mm extra? I am looking at this as a cheap and easy option of raisign my van.
Stuart
Actually, no. Overall tyre size was 40mm higher so only gained 20mm extra. Didnt word it right., my bad.
Pic shows difference, angle not the best but remember you have to halve that difference.

Moto Mech

Jul 18, 2012
Mole Creek, Tasmania
After using our diesel heater for 3 nights down here in Tassie, it's absolutely fantastic.
First night we heated van up with thermostat set on 20, then shut it off at bed time, then started again about 5 in morning.
Next 2 nights we set it at 18 and ran it from 1800-0930, continuously. It actually used less power doing this. Night time outside temps were around 5 deg.
On the last day we upped it to 25 deg from 0930-1230 to dry the condensation out over the bed ends(towled them off first), worked great.
Used 4lts of diesel all up.
Very very happy with it

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
When I went from slippers it made a heap of difference, bit of stuffing around cutting the old hangers off, make sure you lift the van as high as you can nothing worse than getting helmet caught up when welding....I put the hangers onto a length of angle then stuck it onto the chassis and measured and triangulated things about 40 times, was never so glad when a job was finished than that one I can tell you...

Used Alko 2t springs with greasable pins and found that combined with the new tyres and rims gave me the height and I could put the axle back on top as I had rolled it under with the oldset up.

Reactions: bigcol and WHHEMI