Our 2013 17.56.2 Outback

geejay13

Jul 12, 2011
Australia
Thanks to all for positive feedback. I have enjoyed sharing and suppose all of us are just personalising what is a mass produced product. Trouble is as you change one thing the bug doesn't let go! After the tri fold table I had to make a little chest to both support and brace the new table. I had to remove the wall hinge assembly to fit the chest. Utilised the same holes in wall for the small angle brackets which hold the new table in place, worked well but I had this wall hinge assembly left over. What to do with it? A surge of blood to the grey matter and I thought I'd build a table outside for the baby Q to sit on. Used another piece of AA ply and a modified aluminium pole inverted as a leg image.jpg image.jpg pretty happy with this mod, the table takes up less space than the webber trolley and weighs less than the outdoor kitchen we usually take. I'm having a rest from mods.... I'm boring me mates but have plans to put in a rear view camera on the panda and a clip on shade sail type thing to the front and rear of the pop top section, should reduce the heat and allow us to still have the pop top ends open in the rain, Mrs GJ is a fresh air person. Need some advice on some stuff so will see in another thread soon bsafe

geejay13

Jul 12, 2011
Australia
We love the table idea and have been wanting to do that for a awhile but too scared to cut!!!!!!!!!:nightmare:
Don't be scared , but suggest you don't cut the original table family'Js' just think about how you are going to go about your mod. I've always found if you plan well your more likely to get a positive result. If you need a cutting/ materials list just msg me. Be more than happy to share bsafe

Reactions: Johnstons

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Thanks to all for positive feedback. I have enjoyed sharing and suppose all of us are just personalising what is a mass produced product. Trouble is as you change one thing the bug doesn't let go! After the tri fold table I had to make a little chest to both support and brace the new table. I had to remove the wall hinge assembly to fit the chest. Utilised the same holes in wall for the small angle brackets which hold the new table in place, worked well but I had this wall hinge assembly left over. What to do with it? A surge of blood to the grey matter and I thought I'd build a table outside for the baby Q to sit on. Used another piece of AA ply and a modified aluminium pole inverted as a legView attachment 14172 View attachment 14173 pretty happy with this mod, the table takes up less space than the webber trolley and weighs less than the outdoor kitchen we usually take. I'm having a rest from mods.... I'm boring me mates but have plans to put in a rear view camera on the panda and a clip on shade sail type thing to the front and rear of the pop top section, should reduce the heat and allow us to still have the pop top ends open in the rain, Mrs GJ is a fresh air person. Need some advice on some stuff so will see in another thread soon bsafe
Nice work with that outside table. And don't worry, we all bore our mates, but then we've got lots of new mates on this forum that understand us.

GUlewis

Feb 6, 2013
Perth
Hi Geejay13, just want to know how have Jayco plumbed the washing machine in. Does it feed off the van's 12v water pump or mains. Ive just purchased the same van with the buffet arrangement and I think for extended trips, having a washing machine will make it easier.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Next was the spare wheel problem. Can't believe Jayco 'designers' thought consumers would be OK with taking the gas bottles off to replace a flat! We specified 4.5kg bottles and still couldn't get the spare out. So I removed both bottles and regulator, welded on 2 pieces of 50x50 galv sq tube to support a gullwing toolbox(which I scored for an absolute bargain) welded another steel tube 76x38 laid flat behind the 50x50 and welded a wind down chain mechanism purchased from a wreckers, for more than the tool box!! This can be worked using a long bar similar to what we use for the drop jacks. Result gas bottles enclosed out of sight and an accessible spare wheel with the bonus of some space for man stuff. The added weight is less than the original spare cradle which came in at 12kgs when I removed itView attachment 14139 View attachment 14140 View attachment 14142 View attachment 14141 View attachment 14143 More pics to come bsafe

Nice mod geejay13