Our 16.49 3 OB has arrived

BruceD

Jun 12, 2013
Canberra
As others have mentioned, and done, I also would like to eventually move the spare wheel as it looks like it would be a bit of an effort to remove when needed. Our van is a 2013 Outback model and it looks like Jayco have finally done something about the rear bumber as mine is different to the thin white bar that I have seen. As I don't have any experience with metal, especially in this type of structure (caravans etc), I was wondering if others think that the bar and its mounting would be strong enough to support a wheel carrier and the spare tyre.

P9070413.jpg P9070414.jpg P9070415.jpg P9070416.jpg

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
Just remember that if you put ANYTHING on your rear bar it will void the warranty - apparently. I asked about our rear bar as we have the same and asked about a bike rack that our in laws have that would clamp on. Got a very emphatic "No".

It is stated in your manual about it as well.

However, in saying that, I think under Australian law, they would have to prove that your mod caused the issue in the first place. So say your stove stopped working, they would still have to honor it, yet if you had a crack somewhere or a cupboard no longer shut etc, they may come back and say that your mod caused undue flex in the van.

I know a lot of people on here have added to the bar, but I believe a lot have also extended the bars under the van to give extra strength.

Just my opinion but I also play safe in a lot of things. :)

BJ

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Reversing, pfft it only looks hard (sarcasim intended) enloy the new van.

We went to Sumerset a few weeks ago, the old bloke next to our site looked all worried I couldn't reverse, he asked if I wanted him to move his car, I said no she'll be right mate I will use it as a guide, then I asked him if there was anything behind me to save me getting out.
Straight in first go, ooops the slab was on the wrong side, made a complete dick of myself didn't I hahahaha

Reactions: Xpandafan

Bonners

Jan 24, 2013
wollondilly nsw
I wanna reposition the number plate to the rear bumper bar wonder if this will void the warranty?
good looking setup with that territory Bruce D