Hunter Valley, Newcastle
Ok been busy carrying out mod's to our van, so here goes the list,

Second Bed latch

DSC03714.jpg

Bed End Fly's for better weather protection

IMG_0183.jpgIMG_0184.jpg

Carpet installed for better insulation

DSC03737.JPGDSC03736.JPG

Drains converted to single outlet for heaps better drainage. Still working on the hand basin drain issue though, drains now flow very quickly.

DSC03720.JPGDSC03726.JPGDSC03717.JPGDSC03716.JPG

New LED lights fitted above sink, table, and side bench.

DSC03712.JPGDSC03709.JPGIMG_0192.JPGIMG_0189.JPG

2x 80 watt solar panels

DSC03681.jpg

Shower head bracket on roof to save holding while having shower, Soap dispenser

DSC03727.JPGDSC03729.JPGDSC03730.JPG

Stereo installation and switches re-arranged, external speakers 140w GME, and internal speakers

DSC03735.JPGIMG_0199.JPG

Washed, Buffed, Polished, New Mags & Tyres

DSC03746.JPGDSC03747.JPG

LED light strip fitted to wardrobe with micro switch for lighting to see better in wardrobe. Pic's to come,

Water tank fill pipes re-positioned for neatness and better flow, pic's to come.

Cootay

Jul 15, 2012
Engadine, NSW
Hi coled, great mods. Is it a jayco latch, how much and any hassles fitting? Also the bed ends, where from and $$. Thanks in advance, picked up our 2009 14-44-2 a couple of weeks ago, mods start next week

coled1970

May 27, 2012
Hunter Valley, Newcastle
Hi coled, great mods. Is it a jayco latch, how much and any hassles fitting? Also the bed ends, where from and $$. Thanks in advance, picked up our 2009 14-44-2 a couple of weeks ago, mods start next week

Hi Cootay,

Yes the latch is from Jayco, approx $80. There was no hassles fitting just measured where the original one was and transfered the measurements to the other side.
Bed ends are from Holiday annexes aka Valley Canvas at Buchanan, $530 and fitted them myself. extra for fitting.

With the latch you could look at Bias boating they have on that looks the same you would just have to buy the retaining bracket on the side from Jayco or make one. I found these after i had purchased mine. here's the link http://www.biasboating.com.au/product_p/3621.htm

Enjoy the van i know we are. Off to lightening Ridge for a few days in 2 weeks for a couple of days R & R.

Cheers hope this helped.

coled1970

May 27, 2012
Hunter Valley, Newcastle
Thanks all for the replies,

The shower mod was done as i found it a pain to shower with the shower head in your hand and wash yourself, ok it's really to stop the other half from taking sooo long in the shower washing her hair. Well thats her excuse for taking so long anyway.

Thanks again.

coled1970

May 27, 2012
Hunter Valley, Newcastle
Thanks mate.

Have you travelled with the shower head remounted?
If so,
How did it go, did it stay secure or are you fastening it in the holder whilst travelling?

Hey Cruza,

I used threaded inserts in the roof to screw the bracket too which should hold a lot better than just screwing it in with self tappers as the are held in with 2 part epoxy. (there was metal in my roof but for the screws to hold too, i had inserts so i decided to used them), but just to be safe i still travel with it in it original holder. Haven't had a chance to use it yet as when we went away a couple of weeks ago the metal fitting that screws to the shower head itself broke from corrosion and the head was on the floor when we arrived. Got new hose from BigW which fitted and is alot more solid. Will test in couple of weeks when in Lightning Ridge.

Cheers

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
gr8 mods, transcript from actual conversation to follow:

me:hey hun, had a great idea for the shower in the van for you.
swmbo:and what is it this time and how will it cost me.
me: should get another one of those holder thingy's for the shower head and screw to the roof so it's easier to wash your beautiful hair
swmbo:i'll bet you got that idea from all those van addicts forum site your on, what do think i came down in the last shower.
me:no hun, though i could if you supply the funds to actually see come down from a shower if mod installed!
swmbo:that was really good comeback babe, do it.

ahhh, the jovial banter between a man a woman, gotta love it.cheers

Reactions: seanparky