Okay, We ordered our 17-56.2 Today

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Well, after waiting nearly three months for the sale of the Eagle, we finally managed to get around to ordering our new Van.

Went into Jayco Orange today and ordered the van. The saelsman was very good and offered us a very good deal, compared to the original quotes given by him and other dealers.

We should have the new baby sometime in late February or Early March.

It is due to roll off the line on the 25th Of February 2012.

Now I am excited and looking forward to our new addition to the family.

After paying the deposit the dealer gave me the breakaway monitor and 12 pin plug as part of the deal (no Charge) so that the car can be set up ready for pick-up.

We got all of the additions listed previously, just waiting on confirmation of some items.

Sign off should be next week.

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
with this time of year around and the school holidays too, before you know it you've been so busy that 25th feb 12 will be here, keep tuned and the time will pass, did for us. it was like being part of all these expanda stories as yor own and you'll be chomping at the bit to start doing mods as soon as you get it, well we have been. see you about in the new year then.:biggrin1:

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
Well done Mick............3 months is a pretty good order time. We ordered late June and the van was ready from the factory early November and from the dealer 2 weeks later, so 5 months.

They are a popular van. Stray Dingo and myself did the factory tour, which if you can do it I would recommend, and the guide said that they now produce more Expandas than Campers, and that the 17.56-2 and 1 were their most popular. The dealer at Bayswater also said that the Expanda had reduced their Camper sales too.

Hope you got value for your Eagle..won't be long now!

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Well done Mick............3 months is a pretty good order time. We ordered late June and the van was ready from the factory early November and from the dealer 2 weeks later, so 5 months.

They are a popular van. Stray Dingo and myself did the factory tour, which if you can do it I would recommend, and the guide said that they now produce more Expandas than Campers, and that the 17.56-2 and 1 were their most popular. The dealer at Bayswater also said that the Expanda had reduced their Camper sales too.

Hope you got value for your Eagle..won't be long now!

Thanks BofD, I would love to do the tour, but an 8-9 hour drive is probably out of the question.

Our local dealer also said that the sales of the 17' expandas is going through the roof, he sold three on the weekend, and we are a small country town.

We enjoyed the Eagle while we had it, and we sold it cheaper than the others purley becasue we wanted it gone, not to mention that Molong is an unheard of place and people don't seem to be willing to travel too far for their purchase, unless it is a good deal. The bloke who bought ours travelled 3.5 hours to pick it up.

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Got confirmation today that the roll off date is still going to be the 25th of Feb 2012, so we are very happy about that. Which means that pick up date for us should be sometime in the middle of March.

We are looking forward to the sign off, dealer not sure when that is going to happen yet, but it should be soon.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Especially with summer upon us I bet it makes the wait feel longer :car:

When we ordered our Hawk we waited from March till Aug '07 and then the Expanda was Sept till Dec '10.

You will just have to use the forum to keep you busy :ranger:

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
But everyone else will be away having fun in their Expandas and no one will reply.........

or, is that a bit mean to point that out????:mad2:

You really didn't have to point that out,:Cry::hurt: I think I will just have to do alot of four wheel driving with the kids and some fishing instead at the nearby rivers.

The time will come when I have my new van, all spick and span and I will be able to show it off to all of you.

Then off for a trip at Easter, not exactly sure where, but somewhere the kids will like.

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Final sign off today. We pretty much got everything we wanted.
EXCEPT:
extra water tank, apparently it does not fit under the 17' jayco poptops.
265 tyres, too big for the wheel arch and 'A' frame, so we will get the 245's instead.
no shower curtain, I'll do that myself.
No curtains for the bunk beds, not too worried about this.

Apart from these few things, everything else was fine.

All booked in, now all I need to do is wait another 12 weeks until it arrives.

Gives me time to do some work on the Patrol.