NSW NSW - Sundowner Caravan Park Port Macquarie

Feb 1, 2012
Has anyone stayed at this park recently? I would like to hear some views on the park. I recently found some very bad reviews on Travel Advisor and Google Reviews about the park. It seems alot of the criticism does relate to cabins but there is also questions raised about the cleanliness and maintainance of other facilities.

Willy

Nov 5, 2012
Newcastle
We stayed there in October last year. We love the place, primarily because of the location - park the car and walk/ride to everything you need.

In terms of the park itself, there is one old amenities block in the middle of the park which is very tired and needs to be updated. The amenities block close to the boom gate is newer. Amenities are cleaned thoroughly daily, in the middle of the day. Bins are emptied regularly.

On the first day of our stay, one of my sons lobbed a soccer ball onto the roof. It was 5.30pm on a Friday, and after approaching the office that night, we had the ball back by 8.30am the next morning. The park staff could not have been friendlier.

The pool was also crystal clear everyday, unlike some of the other parks we've stayed in.

All up, I would recommend this park, and we will be going back.

Reactions: Newcastle Knight
Feb 1, 2012
Good to hear Willy, as I said a lot of the criticism seems to relate to cabins. Glad to hear the rest is okay as its in a fantastic location.

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Yep, it's the cabins that need attention and updating. We stayed there last summer in a cabin, and we were envious of all the happy campers and caravaners.
Sundowner is great, old, but clean. Spacious sites, great location. It's a big caravan park but your not squeezed in like sardines, plenty of room for everyone. We didn't have to drive anywhere, walk to everything.
We will happily stay there again, only this time in our 16.49-1 OB. Never have to stay in a cabin ever again, Yay!

Stan Lee

Aug 29, 2012
rAdelaide
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hi mate

As a result of those reviews we stayed at the Malaleuca Cvan Park. That was a great park run by an awesome couple. We originally planned a one night stay that ended up being four :).

Yes its a not quite an easy waslk into the cbd but can b done. I had to pick the car up after having one too many brews. Oh u must eat at 'the Fig' cafe on the foreshoe and on thursday evenings head to the Pier bar. Great soul type music. Seriously female singer should b on Aust Idol :)

Have fun

Coastrunner

Mar 18, 2012
South Coast NSW
www.expandasdownunder.com
We used to stay at Breakwall Caravan Park (Sundowner) every year. I loved it because it was right on the river, beach and shops. As mentioned earlier, you never have to get into your car because you can walk everywhere.

Unlike alot of other parks the sites are big, there are enough ammenities for everyone even when the park is completely full. They get cleaned everyday.

I still rate it as a great spot. If I stay in Pt Macquarie, I`d book this park as my first option.