Journey Nick & Becks Journey 17.55-5sh

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
Thanks Nick
Hi,
Here is a photo of the charger my caravan came with.

Charger.JPG
Cheers
Nick

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
thx @dagree, job to get done b4 Christmas hols:)
I also did the screw on sullage pipe attachments a couple of years ago. Since we have spent most of our travels on highways or dry gravel roads. On our last trip we were diverted on to a gravel by pass road where they are repairing the big hole between Charlieville and Cunamulla. The place where the tanker blew up last year. And boy did it leave a hole.

Anyhow the by pass is a few K long and they are wetting it down to stop dust. The Ranger and StarCraft get lots of mud, and the screw on drain fittings were clogged with it. It took a good wash to get the mud and gravel out of the threads. So now I'm trying to work out are there plugs available to fit while travelling?
Hi,
I have a couple rolls of the Supercheap Auto duct tape and you could simply wrap it around the fittings when travelling in muddy and dusty conditions. I used to use this tape to seal the vents on our old outback camper years ago.
Cheers
Nick

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
I also did the screw on sullage pipe attachments a couple of years ago. So now I'm trying to work out are there plugs available to fit while travelling?

We had the PVC unions setup the same on our previous van. I bought a second set of unions and glued a short piece of pipe into the corresponding union half with an end cap on the pipe.

Thanks for the reminder guys as I was contemplating doing it on this one!

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
We had the PVC unions setup the same on our previous van. I bought a second set of unions and glued a short piece of pipe into the corresponding union half with an end cap on the pipe.

*Try posting a bit more so your post isn't boring*

Reactions: dagree

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
Tried out the rear view driving camera and love it. Photo does not do the picture justice. The view is very clear and gives a great view of the rear of the caravan. The screen simply clips over the existing mirror.
Rear View Camera.JPG

I have also built a led load resistor box to stop the lights on the caravan flashing when hooked up to the Ranger. I don't like using the led adaptor harness supplied with the car.

Led Load Resistor Box.JPG

My simplest mod ever was to add additional Velcro under the seat to help keep it in place. Works really well and keeps the seat very secure.

Velcro Seat Mod.JPG

Cheers
Nick

Reactions: FiveInAVan

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW

That's a great idea. I have a second set of unions and will so the same.
Cheers
Nick

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Probably quicker and easier in my experience.

Once you've replaced it you're sure to find it.

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
I have the same problem with the water leaking through the door. I thought about putting a rubber strip at the base of the door but found it easier just to put an old towel down, which I use afterward to wipe the shower dry.

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
Well today I added a filter to the antenna system to stop the annoying interference I get on some channels. Its an LTE filter which filters out the 4G phone network and other unwanted frequencies. What a difference.

Antenna Filter.JPG

It simply screws inline between the connector connecting the cable from the roof to the cable in the caravan. Only took a couple of minutes.
Cheers
Nick

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
I was working on the van last week and ran the red of top air conditioner as it was hot and all of a sudden, it dropped a large amount of water , leaving a puddle on the floor! Took the van to the Dometic warranty agent, Alternate gas refrigeration and they found it wasn't installed square and one side was loose and not torqued down correctly( no surprises there). Anyway they took the unit off the roof, checked the drain holes, showed me how it worked and re-fitted it correctly. They did a great job, were very helpful and took the time to answer all my questions. Pretty happy with their service.
Cheers
Nick

Reactions: mfexpanda

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
Well I completed a couple of simple mods last week. I added a new draw divider for the cutlery and a fridge exhaust fans.
Drawer mod 1.JPG
Drawer Mod 2.JPG
Bought this from Aldi for $3 and now have more usable storage in the cutlery draw.
Fridge fans.JPG
Ran the fridge in 43 degree heat last week and was impressed to see the temperature of the freezer sit on -19 degrees and the fridge sit on 2 degrees with the thermostat set to 3 running on 240 v. I was pretty happy.
Went to test the Air-conditioner and the Truma Aventa looks like its died and is booked in to be fixed again on Saturday. Hope its a simple fix. Don't want to be without it at Christmas.
Cheers
Nick

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
Been Busy finishing of a couple more things. Finally added a thermostat switch for the fridge exhaust fans. Works really well.
Fan Thermo Switch.JPG

Also installed a shower curtain to stop water splashing all over the toilet and under the shower door.
Shower Track.JPG Shower Track 1.JPG

Also finished installing mats to protect the floor under the bed and stop things sliding around
Under Bed Mats.JPG