16' Series new wind up antennas

bigbertha

Oct 6, 2012
port elliot sa
hi we have just picked up our new panda and dont seem to be able to get a good reception on the tv in it.its the new design and yes i have pressed the booster button . would like to hear how other owners with the new antenna are getting on with them. do you have to be within a certain distance from the tower .

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
We picked ours up in September, only used twice but all good so far. I assume when you press the button for booster the little green light comes on?

Cheers.

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
BB, we had this issue too when our van was new (no jayco antenna fitted), was the connection in the wall to the tv plug. The other thing, is that not all areas are digital compliant yet, so you just might need the analogue receiver too. Pace.

bigbertha

Oct 6, 2012
port elliot sa
found out this morning that two areas in south australia bad for reception one is victor harbour and the other is nuriootpa in the barossa . van going back on thursday to have the privacy screens done so they going to test the reception out then and put the 12 volt plug in as they should have .but overall very happy with quality of build must have caught jayco on a good day.we have changed to digital in this area about two years ago so should work better than it does.

thomo67

Oct 30, 2012
so which antenna is everyone using i have the Winegard the one with the wings but with all the upgrades how does it preform with vertical and horizontal ?

anyone compered and want to share there toughs and a areas which they have used them ?

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
so which antenna is everyone using i have the Winegard the one with the wings but with all the upgrades how does it preform with vertical and horizontal ?

anyone compered and want to share there toughs and a areas which they have used them ?

I don't think the winegard can handle a vertical signal.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
I think bigbertha is referring to the new Wineguard which is vertical its design is meant to be able to handle both signals, Any vans built after about April this year that have a wind up antenna should be fitted with the new type.

You also need to make sure you set TV to digital and/or use the auto tune.

bigbertha

Oct 6, 2012
port elliot sa
yeah bushman it looks like a giant fly swat lol , yeah set the tv to digital ,thinks its just the area we live in but they are going to test it on thursday when they take it back

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
My wife said it looks a bit like a Chrissy tree.....maybe we should decorate with tinsel these holidays. :)

thomo67

Oct 30, 2012
winegarde-sensar-hv-4m.jpgit this the one you are talking about ?

bigbertha

Oct 6, 2012
port elliot sa
yeah thomo thats the one .they say its really good and picks up signal easy ,no messing around with these just point in right direction and its a goer. yet to test their theory lol

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Yep that ours too, I usually tune into channel 9, then sometimes when channel is changed a minor directional adjustment is required but all good!

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Our van was built in Jul and we didn't get one of those we got the older model (I think) actually pretty sure :(!!!

But because we got the discovery we got led's as standard so ill trade the antenna for the leds :)!!!

They look very intersting but have not used or seen one myself how do you find it Burnsy?

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi expanda, for the few times we've used it seems fine so far, some fine adjustment is needed at times but havn't had a problem yet.

Cheers.