New ute

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Whats the new suspension going to be set up for. Is it a plated upgrade?
Not plated Lovell didn’t get back to me they don’t do a Colorado upgrade closest was Dmax.
250kg rear 50mm lift front 40mm.
Will then see if I need air bellows for the rear towing.
I’ll check the paperwork as the quote was laid out nicely from TJM
ARB was written on a scrap piece of paper I couldn’t believe it like he wiped his arse with it
OL was written on a tough dog leaflet.
Lovell’s hasn’t got back to me
Dobinsons hand written quote and ok

Reactions: DRW

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Not plated Lovell didn’t get back to me they don’t do a Colorado upgrade closest was Dmax.
250kg rear 50mm lift front 40mm.
Will then see if I need air bellows for the rear towing.
I’ll check the paperwork as the quote was laid out nicely from TJM
ARB was written on a scrap piece of paper I couldn’t believe it like he wiped his arse with it
OL was written on a tough dog leaflet.
Lovell’s hasn’t got back to me
Dobinsons hand written quote and ok
id decided on Lovells early in the planning. For other stuff I found ARB intolerable. TJM were much better, but slightly more expensive. What suspension does TJM use

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I used this mob in Knoxfield, proper spring shop and not overpriced and the blokes know what they are doing.... https://www.spicersprings.com.au/

I fitted the 300kg rear set and didn't need bags but after 100.000km was thinking of getting them reset, the front springs I went back to the standard rate, still 40mm lift as with a light bull bar and no winch the 0-50kg springs were too hard... King Springs fitted.

Reactions: mfexpanda

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
I used this mob in Knoxfield, proper spring shop and not overpriced and the blokes know what they are doing.... https://www.spicersprings.com.au/

I fitted the 300kg rear set and didn't need bags but after 100.000km was thinking of getting them reset, the front springs I went back to the standard rate, still 40mm lift as with a light bull bar and no winch the 0-50kg springs were too hard... King Springs fitted.

Drover
I didn’t want to go too heavy on the rear so the ride was still ok unladen and if it’s too soft towing I’ll be going the
Air bellows

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Well the 300kg isn't hard or heavy, was a vast improvement on the original which i think had trouble with just a full tank of fuel and bodywork........ the 300kg was a nice even when empty, the price of airbags was out of my league and I believe adding them to be just a help is okay but to add them because of inadequate springs is asking for trouble.. The 500 kg springs would have been a bit much when not towing.... the front set up provided 3 ratings standard, 0-50kg and 50 +, I followed the experts advice, even though I said I had a light weight bull bar they gave me the second option, should have taken them back...... all history now but for rears I would go the 300kg, remembering they go on original, so the 300 kg constant is covered by tub, tray, rack, tow bar and tool box sort of stuff not what you may put in for touring.

Reactions: mfexpanda

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Well the 300kg isn't hard or heavy, was a vast improvement on the original which i think had trouble with just a full tank of fuel and bodywork........ the 300kg was a nice even when empty, the price of airbags was out of my league and I believe adding them to be just a help is okay but to add them because of inadequate springs is asking for trouble.. The 500 kg springs would have been a bit much when not towing.... the front set up provided 3 ratings standard, 0-50kg and 50 +, I followed the experts advice, even though I said I had a light weight bull bar they gave me the second option, should have taken them back...... all history now but for rears I would go the 300kg, remembering they go on original, so the 300 kg constant is covered by tub, tray, rack, tow bar and tool box sort of stuff not what you may put in for touring.
I think up from 250kg was 500kg with TJM I will check .
The bellows go in place of the bump stops as opposed to the red air bags with an outer spring that are on the 11 Colorado

Reactions: Drover

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Just a quick update.
After towing the van to Albury and back I can honestly say the Holden fitted redarc tow pro is easily the best
Electric towing controller I have ever owned . Just did every thing perfect.
Wifey got the front windows tinted today ,very happy with that and the truck is booked in for the 24th of this month
For the suspension upgrade .
Future add ons prob a roof rack and awning.

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
8A8094BB-4A87-415A-AB5B-0A218D938316.jpeg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Arh Ha, it must be typical of Colorado's as mine was the same, actually mine is always like that..........................just can never get that nice neat look.

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Arh Ha, it must be typical of Colorado's as mine was the same, actually mine is always like that..........................just can never get that nice neat look.[
I,ll get a better pic from the side with the fridge rolled forward and the extension lead out the way.
I had Holden fit their power outlet in the back but to run a fridge off the starter battery just didn’t work.
So I have run 8mm wire from the front to a c-Tek dc to dc charger to a agm deepcycle battery
It also has a c-Tek 240v charger in case I’m at a caravan park etc a inverter and a few different types of outlet plugs.
The dc to dc also has solar reg which I can connect my solar blanket to if need be.
So now my beer will always be cold in the 75ltr Waeco

Reactions: Boots in Action

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
If you bought a tray back, threw a big alloy shed on, you could have just put some panels on top, powered heaps of chill for plenty of beers and not strained any onions getting at your gear......and kept the dealers away...

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
If you bought a tray back, threw a big alloy shed on, you could have just put some panels on top, powered heaps of chill for plenty of beers and not strained any onions getting at your gear......and kept the dealers away...
I did think about it but I bought the Z71 and I just can’t jettison the whole tube

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Just spent five weeks touring inland Qld out to coast up to Daintree.Dry as heck even in Daintree.Had not been to D for twenty years,drive to Cape Tribulation like Pitt Street coffeeshops ,teeshirts ,ice cream factory,council wants to put in a bridge or another ferry, money has taken over a so called heritage listed area.Mossman gorge is a joke now.Are there any Victorians left in V? Staying in a few parks coming back down the coast ,quasi V suburbs.New LCs everywhere plus big Rams small Rams ,350s (plenty of Jeeps ,)etc many have large semi off road vans and sit in the parks for 3 to 4 months at a time.I would go stark raving bonkers sitting on my ass for that long.The amount of money some of them have tied up in tow vehicles and vans is staggering.To keep Drover happy ,Not one other vehicle /van combo has passed the Jeep/ Journey Outback yet.Up hill, down hill on the straights ,best bang for your buck available.