Starcraft New Starcraft

crustt

Apr 17, 2013
Yeah Brad, that's it. They have thought no aircon that's where the microwave goes, ohh , they aren't having a microwave either.
Thanks for that.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
I wouldnt worry. Next owner might want a microwave, or if its a little pantry then the ventilation will not do any harm.

crustt

Apr 17, 2013
But the vents take up bench space, and I just spent a heap of money, so I would like close to what I asked for.

crustt

Apr 17, 2013
IMAG0970.jpg IMAG0971.jpg IMAG0972.jpg IMAG0973.jpg IMAG0974.jpg IMAG0975.jpg IMAG0976.jpg View attachment 18277 IMAG0977.jpg IMAG0978.jpg And for those who prefer to look at pictures.
Overall we're very happy with it, still trying to sort a few things out and a bit more work to do to get it ready for a real trip.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
But the vents take up bench space, and I just spent a heap of money, so I would like close to what I asked for.

Fair enough! Mine is only screwed on with 4 screws so it should be easy for your dealer to remedy.

crustt

Apr 17, 2013
Spoke to the dealer, at first they weren't to keen, but then agreed to do it under warranty.

Yeah, the jerry can holder. I pointed out to them that it was supposed to be on the van as part of the out back pack, their excuse was that it did not come with the extended drawbar, eventually they gave me the holder to put on myself.

The hand over was a a bit strange actually,the salesman was not there just an old bloke, nice guy but, every time I asked him about a bit of trim that was a bit rough, he suggested a way that I could go about fixing it, finally we got to the twin water tanks and I asked if they could be isolated from each other and filled separately, he went to show me and then said normally you could but for some reason they had not done it like that and had never seen it before, but I was a pretty handy fella and I could re plumb it myself, shouldn't be hard to figure outo_O
They're doing it at the first service.
The other jocky wheel is one I had lying around, I think it's better than the one they supplied.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Spoke to the dealer, at first they weren't to keen, but then agreed to do it under warranty.

Yeah, the jerry can holder. I pointed out to them that it was supposed to be on the van as part of the out back pack, their excuse was that it did not come with the extended drawbar, eventually they gave me the holder to put on myself.

Thats a bit strange @Graeme has the 13ft with extended bar a jerrycan holder as standard on the outback?

Jul 25, 2013
Macedon Ranges
Will get some pics up later today.
This one pic is of the fridge and cupboard and is one reason for the late delivery, the sale guy said when t was delivered it just had a hole there with no door, (we ordered it with the fridge on top and a pot draw underneath) when he questioned them about it they said that they could not put the fridge up top and sent a door which I was okay with.
But having got it home I think I have figured the real reason of what happened, in the pic you will see vents on top and that is the space where the aircon goes, so my theory is that they have happily set it up as there standard aircon and then just ignored the mistake and tried to palm it off as is and did not think to put a door on let alone a new top, and to fix it and set it up as we ordered it with the fridge up the top it would have been a big job as the outside panel would have to be replaced too. The thing that annoys me is the top of the cabinet does not tie in with the door and the the vents that have no purpose use up bench space.
Do you think I am right?View attachment 18269
Has any one got an aircon with those vents on the top?

Jul 25, 2013
Macedon Ranges
Will get some pics up later today.
This one pic is of the fridge and cupboard and is one reason for the late delivery, the sale guy said when t was delivered it just had a hole there with no door, (we ordered it with the fridge on top and a pot draw underneath) when he questioned them about it they said that they could not put the fridge up top and sent a door which I was okay with.
But having got it home I think I have figured the real reason of what happened, in the pic you will see vents on top and that is the space where the aircon goes, so my theory is that they have happily set it up as there standard aircon and then just ignored the mistake and tried to palm it off as is and did not think to put a door on let alone a new top, and to fix it and set it up as we ordered it with the fridge up the top it would have been a big job as the outside panel would have to be replaced too. The thing that annoys me is the top of the cabinet does not tie in with the door and the the vents that have no purpose use up bench space.
Do you think I am right?View attachment 18269
Has any one got an aircon with those vents on the top?

crustt

Apr 17, 2013
I just realized that the water tanks were filled before I took delivery, is that a normal thing?
Have sorted out cupboard top, have booked it in for the first service and they will be putting a lam top on, replumbing the water tanks and rewiring the fridge, so all is good.

Dove

Aug 14, 2013
Melb, Vic.
You have a nice looking van. As others have said looks like you got vents for microwave or A/C. Until Sept we had a Discovery with A/C in that position. We had days in the low 40's at Swan Hill and I would not have been without the A/C.

We now have a StarCraft Outback caravan. Yet to have its first service. Today I refastened and resealed the vent over the toilet and fitted fly wire to the vent in the step well. I will have the dealer do the toilet vent again under warranty. If your van's not right don't let the dealer off the hook.

We also have twin water tanks. They fill from separate filler points and have an isolator switch. You can draw from front tank, rear tank, or both. The only issue I found is that if you open the little tap on the side of the tank to empty both empty. So if you have a rock fly up and damage one tank outlet you lose all your water as they are not isolated.

crustt

Apr 17, 2013
The water tanks on ours only have one filling point, to be quite honest I have not had time to look at the plumbing yet as I have been dealing with a few issues with the fridge. The tanks are supposed to be isolated though.

Jul 25, 2013
Macedon Ranges
H Crusit
I don't know why your top above the fridge ended up like that strange placement of the vents here is a picture of mine with the vents sorry it took so to send it hope it will help you.
Cheers W/S
DSCF2223.jpg