Starcraft New Starcraft 17.58-3 outback

Spider73

Oct 30, 2014
Hi pac1977, have you picked up your new toy? I'm very close to making the jump on a 17.58-3 ob and being 6'3" have similar concerns about the bed size. I am in two minds as to whether or not I should modify it myself as I think it would be good to still have the shelf. I spoke to a couple of dealers and had mixed opinions on whether jayco had a solution. I would love to see a photo of what the factory comes up with prior to making a decision. Hope your happy with the new van when you get it, seems like there's plenty on here that would appreciate any feedback. Cheers.

Pac1977

Feb 19, 2012
@Spider73 we are loving the new van. Camping in it at the moment. I am happy with the new bed, I'm about 200cm and withy the bedbox gone can lay comfortably but my feet definitely go into where the box would have been. I contemplated the same as you about leaving the shelf and removing the sides. I'm trying to upload a photo but the iPad is playing up.

Pac1977

Feb 19, 2012
@Spider73 a bit late but here is a photo of the bed end with the box removed. The power and TV points are a bit annoying but SWMBO sleeps on that side and her feet don't reach.
Bed_Box.jpg

Spider73

Oct 30, 2014
Thanks Pac1977, I paid my deposit today on the 17.58-3, due March. I decided I'll leave the bed as standard and work it out myself. I was hoping to be able to keep the shelf. I was concerned about how the bed would lift up. I have till March to have a bit of a think and possibly change my mind. Thanks for the pic, I wasn't sure what they'd do with the points. From what I read on here no two jaycos are the same anyway. I hope I don't get a Monday morning or Friday afternoon built one ;-)

Reactions: davemc and Pac1977