May 13, 2011
Sydney
and more

DSC03453.jpg

DSC03452.jpg

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Wow looks great . We should get our new one in 4 or 5 weeks.
Did you get the DVD/cd player and if so where do they mount it ?

m flack

stuartcarr2002

May 13, 2011
Sydney
Didnt get the DVD only the CD player. They put that up near the door on the side of the cupboard. Congrates on your one, hope the wait isnt too much longer.

stuartcarr2002

May 13, 2011
Sydney
Looks great behind the Pathfinder...

Can't remember but do you have airbags? She is sitting very level :)!

And from what I can tell you don't even have a weight distribution hitch?

How was the trip?

We have the airbags, which seem to help, but we have a WDH sitting in the garage ready to put on. Did get enough time to fit it before the long weekend. Airbags are good, but the van still sways a little and I think the WDH would help. We also have a Heeman reese towbar so we wont have the Mr Nissan towbar issues :)

That said we saw a lot of people with Jayco campers at the park, we are so glad we have made the move to the Expanda. So much more comfortable and easier to set and pack up in the rain...

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Great looking combo Stuart:cool:

The van looks a little nose up, maybe a 50mm hitch packer would be of be of benefit......... just a thought;)

Doogle

Mar 18, 2011
Melbourne, Victoria
I recently did a towing course and one of the trainers briefly discussed the WDH and it's setup.
From memory he said that when you have the van level (not attached to tow vehicle), measure the height of the hitch from the ground, then your tow ball should be at the same height (once the van is attached).
Don't measure the same height without the van attached as the tow vehicle will sag when the van is connected and it will be too low....so you need to compensate for the sag, basically.

Also, the WDH should help so that that front wheel arches are not much different to what they are when the van isn't loaded (ideally). There will likely be some bias towards the rear but if it's setup correctly the tow vehicle should be reasonably level (and whatever difference there is at the front arches should occur on the rear arches (so if the front goes up by 10mm, the rear's should lower by around 10mm when the van goes on). If it's wildly different the setup is not correct.

Hopefully I've explained that without too much confusion. Any experts out there that can ellaborate (or correct me), please feel free :)

Dave

stuartcarr2002

May 13, 2011
Sydney
Yeah, understand. We fitted the WDH and even with the hitch set on the lowest setting, the nose is still high. Can you buy the spacer blocks off the shelf at Jayco. I was going to get it made up, but if I can buy it, I will fit it...

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Yeah, understand. We fitted the WDH and even with the hitch set on the lowest setting, the nose is still high. Can you buy the spacer blocks off the shelf at Jayco. I was going to get it made up, but if I can buy it, I will fit it...

I know Jayco Canberra sell them off the shelf, $140 i think.