stuartcarr2002

May 13, 2011
Sydney
Hi Guys

I had to join as we have about 2 weeks till we pick up our 2011 Jayco Expanda 16 49 1 Outback...

We have just sold our 2010 Jayco Eagle outback which was only 9 months old. We loved it but with a 12 month old it was to hard to set up, and when it rained it was even harder.

We got the van that was at the caravan show in sydney. It is the one with the cafe dinnette model.

We got the battery, cd with outside speakers, awning, bigger fridge and the A/C. We wont know ourselfs :)

Happy to be joining the expanda community :)

Cheers

Stuart

Image011.jpg

stuartcarr2002

May 13, 2011
Sydney
Thanks for the replies,,,

We have 3 weeks at Christmas booked at Batemans bay and Kiama booked again for Easter 2012...

We will do a weekend once a month up the central coast so we can use it as much as possible...

Did it in the Eagle. It did get a lot of use.

Cant wait to pick it up :)

stuartcarr2002

May 13, 2011
Sydney
Havnt towed it yet, Pick up in about 2 weeks. However it towed the Eagle really well. It is the series 4 with the 450nm motor, so the torque it has is great. Looking forward to trying it with the extra weight of the Expanda. My olds have the same car in a Ti and it pulls there COncept wwhich is about 2200 no problems. We both added airbags in the rear however as the Pathy rear end is prone to sagging. The bags where money well spent.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Thanks for the replies,,,

We have 3 weeks at Christmas booked at Batemans bay and Kiama booked again for Easter 2012...

We will do a weekend once a month up the central coast so we can use it as much as possible...

Did it in the Eagle. It did get a lot of use.

Cant wait to pick it up :)

We go to Batemans Bay each January usually around the last to weeks, have done for 5 years now, Stay at East's Riverside. also do monthly excursions to maximise it's usage.

Turtle

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
Bathurst, NSW
Hey Bushman,
We couldn't get in to Batemans Bay Beach Resort this time round so I tried Easts Batmans Bay but alas they are fully booked.
We've paid our deposit at Easts Moruya so we'll give it a go.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Hey Bushman,
We couldn't get in to Batemans Bay Beach Resort this time round so I tried Easts Batmans Bay but alas they are fully booked.
We've paid our deposit at Easts Moruya so we'll give it a go.

East's Batemans Bay is very popular that time of year, most book a year in advance and keep the same site as we do, usually the same people there most times, some stay over a month

East Moruya is pretty good, only been there once many years ago, we won three nights in a cabin (pre-van days) I'm pretty sure it's had a lot of upgrades since then.

Potato Point east of Bodalla is another great spot, though you need to be self sufficent, (no power to sites), though they did tell me when we visited for a look this year, they hoped to have power to some site by Chritmas, their cabins and amenities are solar powered, camp fires permitted subject to fire bans.

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
It seems to be a common theme from the Jayco Camper to the expanda... Mmmmm got me thinking, the Stirling next :)

My father in law just jumped the whole Expanda phase and went from Penguin to Sterling.........very nice van! More standard options and a great price (better price than expanda's as there is less manufacturing costs). Too big a van to tow for my liking though.

stuartcarr2002

May 13, 2011
Sydney
3 days to go then we can pick up the Expanda... Dropped off the Eagle yesterday to a guy from Brissy, met him at Muswellbrook. Cant wait to join the expanda family... Trying it out on the Central Coast on the weekend then to the central coast for the long weekend. Will get a good first workout test :)

stuartcarr2002

May 13, 2011
Sydney
It's Here and love it

Here are some picies,

No problems with it (apart from a loose cupboard hinge). All fixed now :)

Pathy tows it well and only dropped to 100 going up the mooney hill on the F3 and used 10.2 LP 100.

DSC03449.jpg

DSC03448.jpg

DSC03456.jpg