14' Series New member from ACT

E

Expandourworld

Hi all,
I have been following this forum for some time. Thanks to all here, you have helped make our decision in ordering a 14.44-4 outback:clap2: This is the first forum I have been part of so very new to all this. 2 + 2 children 5 & 3 WERE looking at a Swan or Hawk but then saw an expanda with double bed + bunks. The 14.44-4 Outback hopefully will be here before easter. Incusions are;
Awning
Privacy Screen
Roof a/c
Wind up antenna
cd/radio
19’’ tv/dvd
Control panel
Battery
Bed Converter
Ext shower with HWS
Trigg hitch
Anderson plug to battery
Shelves to the robe
external picnic table
gas bayonet behind the wheel under the awning
extra gas bottle
extra water tank

Eventually, I hope to do some of the mods you guys have done.
See you in the next scene
Andy

NissPat

Jul 30, 2011
ACT
G'Day Andy, welcome to the forum mate. Good to see another member from ACT

Sounds like a top setup as well.

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Welcome Andy!

It warms my heart to see another 14.44-4. We spent 4 weeks in ours late last year and it was great. We can't wait to get away in ours again.

Looks like it will be well set up from your list, well done. Did you go through Jayco Canberra? We did, and found they have been fantastic.

PS What tow rig you using?

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Welcome Andy. :tea: Good to have another 14 footer. Appears you have a good list extras, keep us posted on any mods you do. We love pictures.

Deano

Aug 10, 2011
Bargara, Qld
Good to see you on here Andy,
Plenty of advice, friendly members and the knowledge is spot on. You could spend hours going through all the threads.
Cheers Deano

E

Expandourworld

Thanks all, I have already spent hours on here following you all. Feels good to be part of it now.
NissPat - Good to hear other ACT people are on here. It will be different to the good ol swag, but can't wait to get out in the camp! So many good spots around here and beyond.

Motto Motto - I have been following yours in the 'show us your rig' forum. Feels like i have been stalking lol. Great pics and reports you put up....Yes mate, We did go through Jayco Canberra. They have been great so far and have heard lots of positives from many others. Tow rig is a 2009 LTR Colorado. Should do the job nicely. Am goin to put new shockies and airbags under it before pickup.

I will try figure out how to post pics when she arrives.

Thanks to all again. Until next time - have fun
Andy.

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Colorado will do is easy!

Airbags is a great idea, the suspension in my old work colorado struggled which was surprising to me, most dual cabs have pretty stiff suspension. But the Colorado is pretty light weight in the suspension department.

If you have any questions, or need some more photos send me a PM:tea:

E

Expandourworld

Welcome Andy. Nice setup.
I am trying to think what you mean by bed converter. What's that?

Hi Brad, I think its called a bed converter. Its were the dinette can be converted into a bed.

E

Expandourworld

Colorado will do is easy!

Airbags is a great idea, the suspension in my old work colorado struggled which was surprising to me, most dual cabs have pretty stiff suspension. But the Colorado is pretty light weight in the suspension department.

If you have any questions, or need some more photos send me a PM:tea:

Thanks mate. The Colorado has performed well considering I havn't done too much to it.
I decided on airbags as my understanding is I can get a slight lift when van is on or when off road and still have that comfortable ride without it.
I took it the vic high country early last year - what a magic place. It got up the 'stair case' so was happy with that. However, the other half found out it doesn't go too well with petrol in it:hurt: Insuarance covered it all though:clap2:
Cheers
Andy

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Welcome Andy, this really is a great place with lots of sincere people who genuinely are willing to help with any problems you might have.

I believe it is the kit that lets you convert your dinette into a bed and then back to a dinette for day use?

Anyone else know?

Yeah, that's right, you get an extra piece of foam an board plus some rails to help convert the dinette table area into another bed.

seanparky

Jul 19, 2012
Brisbane
Hi all,
I have been following this forum for some time. Thanks to all here, you have helped make our decision in ordering a 14.44-4 outback:clap2: This is the first forum I have been part of so very new to all this. 2 + 2 children 5 & 3 WERE looking at a Swan or Hawk but then saw an expanda with double bed + bunks. The 14.44-4 Outback hopefully will be here before easter. Incusions are;
Awning
Privacy Screen

Roof a/c
Wind up antenna
cd/radio
19’’ tv/dvd
Control panel
Battery
Bed Converter
Ext shower with HWS
Trigg hitch
Anderson plug to battery
Shelves to the robe
external picnic table
gas bayonet behind the wheel under the awning
extra gas bottle
extra water tank

Eventually, I hope to do some of the mods you guys have done.
See you in the next scene
Andy

Wow great extras. Sounds ideal for my family. Can i be rude and ask roughly how much i should be up for with all those extras. cheers