new January 2014 Jurgens Lunagazer

peterg

Jan 17, 2015
warrnambool
A small drill and a bigger drill to use as a file did the job. His and hers usb chargers installed.

Must put a couple near the table next.

2015-08-12 11.16.28.jpg
2015-08-12 11.17.06.jpg

peterg

Jan 17, 2015
warrnambool
Post trip we decided to have the dealer check into why our front window had fine crazing cracks in it. Without comment or looking at it they replaced it under warranty. The new one appears to be thicker material. Obviously it's a common fault.

Which raises the question, why no recall?

They also replaced the battery charger under warranty. I suspect it got a nasty jolt of power in the last week at Port Hedland.

peterg

Jan 17, 2015
warrnambool
Not happy Jan!

An easy fix but it shouldn't happen on a 2 year old van.
20160219_210857 (3).jpg

Um, Mr Jurgens, why didn't you place long screws in from the other direction and use a bit of glue????????????????????????

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
OUCH......
So it's not just Jayco that use undersized screws?????
I don't know (yet) about undersized but they sure do use the wrong ones. When screwing in to particle board or plywood why do they insist on using sheet metal screws? Could be worse I suppose after seeing staples used so widely on one van under construction that turned me off another brand.

peterg

Jan 17, 2015
warrnambool
and on another rant, why doesn't the big green shed stock the same screw covers that van manufacturers use??? After all we use them too to repair our vans!

Reactions: DRW and dagree

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
One of our cupboard doors had hinge disease and had been fixed three times. The hinge was pulling out and the cause was the super strong bracket for closing the door.

The big green shed had bigger, wider, longer screws and I tried all of them but no success.

I got the repairer to deal with it and he replaced the bracket and had to patch the door.

It's obviously a common problem and there's no argument with fixing it...but those brackets need a redesign.

Jayco are great with warranty, as we know, and they're replacing a frayed mattress for us...we didn't even know it had a problem and were told jayco was sending a replacement.

Most impressed.