Discovery New Discovery - 17.55-SH Outback

matsoutback

Mar 28, 2013
Sunshine Coast
Found the offending screw, the sealant was not applied all the way around the screw, grrrr.

Pried the bracket off and re-attached, re-sealed and re-screwed it up.

Now for the ceiling replacement, a battle for next week...

Bonners

Jan 24, 2013
wollondilly nsw
Awesome job on ladder matsoutback, might need one as we're taking granny with us for a little trip, (though think she'll prefer bottom bunk). Would u mind posting a couple of other photos so I can copy. Dare I say no leaks on ours but wary as it is going in for a service, better be free
taa

matsoutback

Mar 28, 2013
Sunshine Coast
Bonners,

Pretty easy really, its all made out of 19x63 pine. I used a Ryobi multi tool for the mortise and tenon joints and sprayed a flat poly (can) for protection of the pine.

I have uploaded a few more photos for reference.
IMG_3938.jpg
IMG_3940.jpg

Reactions: Stan53

Stan53

May 27, 2012
Melbourne, Victoria
I like that ladder Mat.
Yes, Jayco were prepared to send a tech to my house when I had problems with my fridge. Some of the finishing touches to the van were not as good as might be. But no faulting service or warrantee.

matsoutback

Mar 28, 2013
Sunshine Coast
Report after the warranty repair. (ceiling and an internal wall panel - both water stained)

I left it down in Brisbane a few weeks ago and said ; don't rush - take your time and ring me when your finished. Well, got the call and picked it up. All I can say is - PERFECT -

It has restored my faith in repairers and I am stoked.

No hesitation in driving it 100km to the "good guys" down at Brisbane Camperland....

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
Hi Matt, does your external shower pertrude into the cupboard beside the internal shower? My van arrived at the dealer and I had a look before I officially pick it up on Monday.
Don't like how the hose feeds into the cupboard.
20131114_132001-1.jpg

matsoutback

Mar 28, 2013
Sunshine Coast
BigSkiddy - That is nearly like ours - except ours is mounted vertically. Does your external door drop down? Because ours hinges from the RHS of the door. Then the shower rose can't clip properly onto the provided bracket. I think they installed the shower cabinet wrongly. If you look at the external door, to me it should be mounted horizontally and hinge down.
I agree the hose in the cupboard is pretty messy and limits the way you can pack. Any ideas? like a cowel??

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
Mine runs horizontal with the door hinge on the bottom. Forgot to take a photo from the outside but I'm thinking I might be able to put a connector on so you can disconnect the hose and store in the front boot or toilet hatch and just cover the open slots. Will work something out and let you know.

CJ1177

Jan 28, 2013
Newcastle
www.facebook.com
The shower hose will wrap around the taps & fit inside it's little hatch, with only a small loop inside.

In saying that I have thought about getting a quick connect fitting similar to an air hose connector so I can have a slightly longer hose & then seal up the holes better