17' Series New bed end storm covers .

Chris Blackett

Jan 31, 2015
Hi all,
Does anyone know of storm covers or bed end fly,s for the new hard top bed ends I have a 17 -56 - 1, 2015 model and I have been struggling to find any bed end covers. I have also heard that the hard top lid hinges leak yet to have not had any rain.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Hi @Chris Blackett
As far as I know Jayco haven't designed/organised bed end covers for the 2015 models as yet.
Maybe talk to one of your local canvas (awning) places and see if they can do something for you?

Have heard also of the leaking hinge and someone on here has had a piece of vinyl made up and fitted with sail track to cover the hinge (Unfortunately cannot remember who it was)

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Hi @Chris Blackett
As far as I know Jayco haven't designed/organised bed end covers for the 2015 models as yet.
Maybe talk to one of your local canvas (awning) places and see if they can do something for you?

Have heard also of the leaking hinge and someone on here has had a piece of vinyl made up and fitted with sail track to cover the hinge (Unfortunately cannot remember who it was)
The solutions @dagree is referring to. Ones at the top of the page, the other at the bottom
http://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/leaking-bed-end-lid-solution.5180/

Reactions: bigcol and dagree

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Hi all,
Does anyone know of storm covers or bed end fly,s for the new hard top bed ends I have a 17 -56 - 1, 2015 model and I have been struggling to find any bed end covers. I have also heard that the hard top lid hinges leak yet to have not had any rain.
Heading back from some site work this arvo, past a Jayco dealer, couldn't help but call in. They had some aftermarket flies fitted to a 2015 poptop Expanda lid.
2015-07-31 12.35.34.jpg 2015-07-31 12.36.10.jpg 2015-07-31 12.37.05.jpg

Roosterman

Jul 18, 2015
Hunter Valley
Hey all just bumping this thread rather then start a new one...

After peoples opinions on the Jayco branded storm covers..?? We have ordered a 17.56-2 OB and have just been informed by the dealer that they can now have them fitted as part of the build, at a cost of $700, which seems pretty much in the ball park with others.

I guess my question is...are the Jayco branded storm covers made of decent canvas...? or am I better of getting them supplied as an aftermarket item, better quality, and fitting, although I would likely fit them myself.

Thanks.

Luke.

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
They're ok quality but can't really comment as we have yet to use ours. We've gone from draught breakers (which is why we bought the covers) to draught generators.

Standard canvas has been dry in the little rain we've attracted.

Reactions: Roosterman

formyfamily

Aug 8, 2015
NSW
hoping to bump this thread again and get info on the Jayco bed end covers, the new ones I have heard have privacy mesh plastic and canvas, so three layers. comparing them to the vinyl kakadu covers, really unsure which way to go. would love people's feedback and opinions :)

Roosterman

Jul 18, 2015
Hunter Valley
Jump on the Expanda FB page, there was a fair bit of info provided recently about the covers Jayco do, and all positive TBH. they have a canvas, plastic, and mesh covers over the windows. so you have some options depending on the weather your camping in..

I decided to go with Jayco covers based on the info from others....see what happens I guess, im confident they will be fine...

Reactions: MUMSRIG

formyfamily

Aug 8, 2015
NSW
Jump on the Expanda FB page, there was a fair bit of info provided recently about the covers Jayco do, and all positive TBH. they have a canvas, plastic, and mesh covers over the windows. so you have some options depending on the weather your camping in..

I decided to go with Jayco covers based on the info from others....see what happens I guess, im confident they will be fine...

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
@formyfamily We have the Jayco ones fitted to our 2014 expand and very happy with them so far. They are lighter than others I looked at and keep the bed ends dry in almost torrential rain!

Only thing I had to do was replace the press studs with better quality marine grade stainless steel ones and added a couple of extras to each end. The original ones had a tendency to come undone in a breeze!

Reactions: Crusty181

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Been thinking of doing this as well.

Can you tell me the actual size of the press studs as, for some reason, I can't sort it out. They seem to come between two sizes ( can't remember which) but would appreciate some idea of the size that fits.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
From memory I'm sure they are 15mm studs @Dobbie .... If I get home before dark tomorrow I'll have a look in the shed and confirm!