New 17.56-1 just picked up

Flanders

Mar 13, 2013
Just North of Melbourne
Flanders,

You got a score on the 16", they were an option still. We collected ours last week and we have 15". Where is the Drifter unit? Is it in the hallway under the sink?

G'day Tim, that's a good score then:D. I have a relative who is a foreman at Jayco, so maybe he looked after me. The drifter unit is in the hallway under the sink, not where I would have put it, as you can't access the usb port, but it's not too bad. I would have put it by the door on the wall where the fridge is I reckon

TTBRIDGE

Mar 12, 2013
Brisbane - Northside (North Lakes)
Flanders, yes i agree. I did not get the contol panel fitted by Jayco for that reason. I purchsed one and have installed it myself in the location you said. More user freindly and out of reach to the kids.

But, i have to say there has been a lot of messing around tryign to fit the unit, i think this is coupled with the fact the thing turned up without any instructions. But it will be worth it in the end.

Flanders

Mar 13, 2013
Just North of Melbourne
Some more pics
IMG_0319.JPG

IMG_0320.JPG
IMG_0321.JPG

The Tow Rig
IMG_0324.JPG
IMG_0316.JPG

IMG_0314.JPG
IMG_0315.jpg

Reactions: Tayla and 17triton

Flanders

Mar 13, 2013
Just North of Melbourne
Flanders, yes i agree. I did not get the contol panel fitted by Jayco for that reason. I purchsed one and have installed it myself in the location you said. More user freindly and out of reach to the kids.

But, i have to say there has been a lot of messing around tryign to fit the unit, i think this is coupled with the fact the thing turned up without any instructions. But it will be worth it in the end.

Yeah, I don't think I would bother moving mine now, would be a fair bit of mucking around I reckon. Pretty sure there is an instruction manual on the site here if you do a search for it. Or google it

JASA

Mar 15, 2013
Melbourne Vic.
Great looking Van Flanders. I love the Drifter control panel and the location of the HWS switch, up nice and high out of the way of little feet!! What is the black box up near the microwave?

You and the family will have great times in that :)

gwadir

Feb 2, 2013
Albion Park, NSW
Hi Flanders,

Congrats on the new van, doesn't it feel good to get something new, and that new smell you get each time you open the door. Look forward to hearing about your trips and seing some great photo's. By the way, when are you thinking of getting away on that trip?

Dave;)

Flanders

Mar 13, 2013
Just North of Melbourne
Great looking Van Flanders. I love the Drifter control panel and the location of the HWS switch, up nice and high out of the way of little feet!! What is the black box up near the microwave?

You and the family will have great times in that :)

Gday James, the little black box is another control panel that gives you the voltage and amps etc from the solar panel and battery. It came with the solar kit. Probably overkill as I have the drifter Control, but it was free With the solar kit:D

Flanders

Mar 13, 2013
Just North of Melbourne
Hi Flanders,

Congrats on the new van, doesn't it feel good to get something new, and that new smell you get each time you open the door. Look forward to hearing about your trips and seing some great photo's. By the way, when are you thinking of getting away on that trip?

Dave;)

G'day Dave. Mate that smell is great. Just hanging out to get out and about. Heading off on the big trip last weekend in July. Can't come quick enough!

JASA

Mar 15, 2013
Melbourne Vic.
Gday James, the little black box is another control panel that gives you the voltage and amps etc from the solar panel and battery. It came with the solar kit. Probably overkill as I have the drifter Control, but it was free With the solar kit:D

Can never have too many control panels...looks good :)

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Don't worry about the van, love the tug!! Our spare wheel is under the tool box, it is a wind down unit off a jap ute and the spare sits high and dry, might be something to consider, and yeah okay the van look sensational too.
Cheers
Dave