New 17.56-1 just picked up

Flanders

Mar 13, 2013
Just North of Melbourne
Well, after a bit of a wait we have finally picked up the new van. Very happy with it, the finish is very good, much better than our 2011 swan. Now the mods begin before we head off for 11 weeks at the end of July.
Only 1 photo so far when I picked up, but will post more when I can
IMG_0311.JPG

Flanders

Mar 13, 2013
Just North of Melbourne
Congrats Flanders , nice one, I starting to like that black chequer plate more and more.

Yep, me too. I wasn't sure if I liked it when I first saw it, but it looks great. I'm not sure if they've tweaked it since it first came out, but it seems more of a Matt finish, I remembered it being quite shiny and a bit cheap looking, but I may be wrong. The "carbon fibre" look plastic around the wheel arches looks really smart.

I gave it a really good check over today and I must say again, I'm really impressed with the quality of the finish compared to the 2011 swan. I'm not sure if they've improved the quality at the factory or something, but I can hardly fault anything. Also took a good look underneath and all the cables and pipes etc are tucked in and fixed really well

so far very happy! :glee:

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
That's one thing I noticed between my first van and the second. Despite the issues a lot of people talk about during delivery, I still saw a marked improvement in the quality between the two vans.

Chocka

Mar 23, 2013
Melbounre
Nice one Flanders! We pick our 17.56-1 on wednesday. Needless to say we are keen as mustard. I hope we are as happy with the quality as you. I went on the factory tour last week and I was generally impressed with what I saw, although I could see how things could get missed and I was surprised at just how much hand finishing was required. All the best for your trip.

Flanders

Mar 13, 2013
Just North of Melbourne
Nice one Flanders! We pick our 17.56-1 on wednesday. Needless to say we are keen as mustard. I hope we are as happy with the quality as you. I went on the factory tour last week and I was generally impressed with what I saw, although I could see how things could get missed and I was surprised at just how much hand finishing was required. All the best for your trip.

Thanks Chocka and good luck with the pick up. My only complaint would be the position of the drifter control panel, but that's being picky.

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
Flanders,

Congrats on the new van - Nice one!! Like many others have commented, the black styling is growing on me.

What mods are you looking at doing?

Where are you heading off to for 11 weeks?

Cheers,

Rohan

Flanders

Mar 13, 2013
Just North of Melbourne
Flanders,

Congrats on the new van - Nice one!! Like many others have commented, the black styling is growing on me.

What mods are you looking at doing?

Where are you heading off to for 11 weeks?

Cheers,

Rohan

G'day Rohan, I will get a toolbox fitted to the front and shift the gas bottles, mount the spare tyre on the rear bar. Also put another solar panel on the roof. I must thank every one on this forum for posting their mods, as it has given me some great ideas.

We are heading from Melbourne, across to Mildura, then Port Augusta, Uluru, Kings Canyon, Alice, Tennant Creek, across to Mt Isa, Townsvile and then make our way down the east coast with stops at Airlie Beach, 1770, Hervey Bay, Gold Coast, then wherever we feel like until we get home:)